PDA

View Full Version : hadrian car body panels

-tucny-
09-04-05, 11:54 PM
has anyone else noticed the incredibly sh*t quality of these panels?

iv just got 2 new wings and a complete front panel. i started to fit the front panel today and noticed the section with the cut outs for the lights was spot welded 3/4 inch to far forward on one side and the slam panels full of creases. as for the wings, they are for the mk2, the section below the indicator has been welded on by what looks like a blind dog! there no where near level and the indicator cut out is nowhere near the shape of the indicator.

it right pisses me off as i only got all these panels to make the front end look tidy, but instead im having to cut, weld and fill it all when i could have done that with my old stuff. :evil:

notenuffhoursintheday
10-04-05, 11:38 AM
how much did u pay tho ;) to get quality u have to pay it ;D

ade
10-04-05, 04:48 PM
I took delivery of a panel from Sel imperial the other day - and although its not been fitted as yet the quality is superb.

-tucny-
11-04-05, 09:12 AM
i paid ?32 for each wing and approx ?70 for the complete front panel. Id looked at alot of web site that sold hadrian panels, and i assumed they would be quality panel as they are quite popular. what make are the panels from sel?

ade
11-04-05, 02:22 PM
mostly tjheir own - they get patterns from car manufatiruers and make their own up

Think they also buy in old stock of GM parts but I could be wrong.

All panels will need a little bit of working because the nova shell had a tolerence of 3mm-5mm - thats why when you replace your wings its an absolute anus trying to get the gaps lined up!

mikey14sr
11-04-05, 07:40 PM
i've just fitted a new rear panel from them and the fit left a little to be desired. The upper section was too narrow so the whole panel sits about 4mm lower than it should, had to run a bead of weld under the striker bolt cos I couldn't close the boot! No creases from when it was pressed though.

The sills I got from SEL were excelent quality, nice thick steel with generous lips all round for tucking in under the cut edge of the origional metal. The rear arch repair panel they sent was crap though, as you can see in this pic, it aint full length
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/mickyd79/osrarch2.jpg
Nothing like the one advertised on the website
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/mickyd79/3508.jpg