PDA

View Full Version : beginning basic ice

Anonymous
02-02-01, 04:56 PM
Right, I think I sorta know what Im doing with the ice now thanx to this months revs, I have sent a power cable to the amp,down the one side of the car, and the RCA outputs down the other.This will drive my prehistoric radiomobile 4 channel amp,which will drive kenwood 6x9s.Im ready to give it a whirl appart from I dont know what Fuse I need for the live wire, and also my head unit is a pioneer DEH 525R(cheap outta my sisters orion ghia)-problem being that I think I used the remote cable to the battery, so the unit can only come on when ignitions is on,I think this is supposed to go down to the amp too, does it tap off the amp?-meaning I just send the wire down the car to the amp>-or do i splice it and have one to the ignition and one to the amp?-thanx in advance

Anonymous
02-02-01, 05:58 PM
you can connect the head unit to the amp via the remote lead, this will turn the amp on and off with the head unit. you should have two power leads. one read and one yellow. the red is permanent live and the yellow is swithed (possiably reversed) one should be to the ignition and the other to the battery. but if its using the connetor block then the only lead extra is the amp remote which you guessed it goes to the amp :) tada no connecting the remote lead to the battery!!! 10A fuse should be ok. if the head unit is powerfull enough (ie 30W +) then you dont need an amp :)

Anonymous
02-02-01, 06:42 PM
thanx for the advice,its 4x35 watts, the other thing is, is i need to earth the amp,as long as I can still use the amp to get more poke out the 6x9s,I need to know where to earth the amp-its got remote, power and ground terminals, so I presume I send off the ground to somewhere to earth it such as the rear seat belt mooring points.

Anonymous
02-02-01, 07:21 PM
yep or any bit o metal that you can bolt too. use the same thcikness, or even thicker cable

Anonymous
03-02-01, 06:15 PM
O.K... Try keepin the earth lead short (use thick cable) You would be better to get a decent size bit of wire and feed it straight to the battery from your head unit. Then, dont bother with the wire to the ignition, just connect that to the battery + wire. You will be able to have your sounds on without the engine, and you will also get a little extra power to ya head (not so important on small systems). Have you got a fuse in the power cable to yer amp? Give the earht point a good scrape too.