PDA

View Full Version : gsi glove box

DISCO GSI
08-04-05, 02:12 PM
my glove box will not open "minor prob i know" but its been like this since i got it and its started to make a rattle and in turn its destroying my head! when you lift the handle and put your finger in you can open the left side but the right is still solid! anyone have any ideas or a spare glove box for when i finaly lose it and rip the cu*t off. :x

Paul
08-04-05, 02:29 PM
all you need to do is prise it open, its only a plastic clip. Try to not damage the fron of the glovey, as GSi ones are VERY hard to get hold of.

You can then go and buy a new glovebox and put the black face on the other casing.

Paul

Jack
08-04-05, 02:33 PM
or spray a std grey one black.

Paul
08-04-05, 02:34 PM
Not as good as the original GSi item though.

Jack
08-04-05, 02:38 PM
True, but i've used foliatec interior spray before on one and it came up as a perfect match.

dandan
08-04-05, 02:41 PM
True, but i've used foliatec interior spray before on one and it came up as a perfect match.
Is that the one I got!

You wouldnt know til you opened it.

DISCO GSI
08-04-05, 03:23 PM
thanx to you both! i will try and get it sorted over the weekend! a guy i once knew broke his and he hunted for ages cos the dealer wanted a fortune thinking back he should have just sprayed a grey one like jack said !

Jack
08-04-05, 03:31 PM
Is that the one I got!

You wouldnt know til you opened it.
:wink:

Actually it wasn't - thats how I got that one and to start with just assumed GSi ones came grey inside and just had the front black! The one I sprayed myself was the one I got to go in my saloon - I was spraying the door cards in black and thought Hmmm lets try the glovebox too - bling!