PDA

View Full Version : help with webbers

byron20
08-04-05, 01:00 PM
webbers are fitted now but cant get the car to run. nova gte e16se engine webber 40's

first attempt and they were popping but then fuel was pissing from the filter king regulater bowl and from the front of the carbs by the trumpets out of this hole.

so i assume its maybe a pressure problem too high fuel pressure flooding the carbs. try to turn the pressure down still get flooding and no popping sound now from carbs. turn the pressure down more and still get flooding.

help. ive kept existing mpi fuel pump and got filter king regulator with glass bowl.

dont know if its something to do with all the screws etc they are nova sport webbers.

help info advice needed or anyone who wants to come down and help me out cheers

Snowface
09-04-05, 08:27 PM
i imagine that the mpi 3-bar (45psi ish) fuel pump is pushing too much into the regulator.

Try getting a low pressure fuel pump. you only need 3.5 psi!

Nick
09-04-05, 08:30 PM
as snowface said, you'l probably have better luck trying a Lower pressure pump.

i'm going to run a standard Mech fuel pump on my 1.6, but i'm using 1.2 cam housing. according to burgo the mech fuel pump should go in the SAD hole and pick up the fuel lobe on the cam. I'm sure he has a picture of it.

Aragorn
09-04-05, 09:56 PM
u need a return with that pump

fit a restricted t-piece before the filterking and all will be fine

Aragorn
09-04-05, 09:57 PM
hrm saying that u MAY have damaged the carbs depending how much fuel got thru

and u cant fit a mechanical fuel pump to the SAD hole as its blanked off inside so oil cant leak out, SAD is fitted with no gasket

byron20
10-04-05, 01:15 PM
what could i have damaged in the carbs?