PDA

View Full Version : Removing the Doors...URGENT...?

DEATHCAT
08-04-05, 11:09 AM
how the H*ll do you get the nova doors off on a 3Dr i have purchased the right tools and no matter how hard i hammer it the pins will not come out i have tried WD40 and still no luck.

anyone got any tips also am i right that you hammer the bottom pin down and the top one up. ??

coxie
08-04-05, 11:16 AM
not sure how they go on a nova yet coz ive not done mine but me old fiesta ones were top one dow bottom one up ..

they are a bit of a sod to get out if not been done for a long time ..

ade
08-04-05, 11:48 AM
providing youve got the right hinge pin removal tool, they should come out okay

NOT!

Mine were so difficult to get off I didnt bother with one.

You cant drill them out either - trust me I tried!

Try leaving them over night to soak in WD40 - that worked on one of the pins on mine.

If the doors shagged you can always gring the door off round the hinge - this will give you more room to work to get the hinge out.

Think the hinge pin goes in the bottom - tighten it up and tap down on the handle - iirc..

Good luck anyway mate.

Ade

-tucny-
08-04-05, 12:17 PM
anyone got any tips also am i right that you hammer the bottom pin down and the top one up. ??

no,no,no dont do it this way. if they are the original pins then the bottom one will have been put in by nocking it down. due to the top of the pin, it cant come out be knocking it down. if it hasnt got the usual top on the pin then still dont knock it down coz it will get stuck and bend coz theres not enough room for it to come out.

when you say youve got the right tools, i assume youve got a door pin removal tool?
http://www.machinemart.co.uk/product.asp?p=040210262&r=2205&g=107

a few people have mentioned using a bonnet prop to hammer pins out too.

if your going to throw you doors, you could always set too with a grinder!

DEATHCAT
08-04-05, 12:31 PM

no,no,no dont do it this way. if they are the original pins then the bottom one will have been put in by nocking it down. due to the top of the pin, it cant come out be knocking it down. if it hasnt got the usual top on the pin then still dont knock it down coz it will get stuck and bend coz theres not enough room for it to come out.

when you say youve got the right tools, i assume youve got a door pin removal tool?
http://www.machinemart.co.uk/product.asp?p=040210262&r=2205&g=107

a few people have mentioned using a bonnet prop to hammer pins out too.

if your going to throw you doors, you could always set too with a grinder!

yes m8 thats the tool i have got for my doors

DEATHCAT
08-04-05, 07:28 PM
right this is f**king stupid now the tool i purchased for this job just snapped on me the head fell off what a load of ba**s the hinge did'nt even move a mm how the h*ll do i get this stupid doors off ARRRRRR :evil:

notenuffhoursintheday
08-04-05, 07:33 PM
i need to to put 2 new doors on but when i come round to gettin them of i'll just grind them off :D whats the point in struggling if your gonna put new doors on u only dont struggle if your gonna take them off and tidy them up but then it would be easier to do them while there on

Mike.
08-04-05, 07:35 PM
i've got the same tool mate and it worked after a while, soaked the hinges with wd40 for a few days and it worked, the old door was wreked though because i was taking my anger out on it lol

DEATHCAT
08-04-05, 07:59 PM
i've got the same tool mate and it worked after a while, soaked the hinges with wd40 for a few days and it worked, the old door was wreked though because i was taking my anger out on it lol

lmao nice one hehe

i need to to put 2 new doors on but when i come round to gettin them of i'll just grind them off :D whats the point in struggling if your gonna put new doors on u only dont struggle if your gonna take them off and tidy them up but then it would be easier to do them while there on

how long does it take to grind them off ??

novaexplod
09-04-05, 06:07 PM
it is hard to get a hammer in but r u sure your hammerin the pins the correct way?

for a quick way to get ur door off just leave ur door wide open on a busy main road and wait for mr white van man........or a handy bus....off in 2 seconds flat lmao :lol: :lol:

notenuffhoursintheday
09-04-05, 08:11 PM
open door fully and get a 110volt grinder with a big disc and grind away

DEATHCAT
10-04-05, 12:25 AM
it is hard to get a hammer in but r u sure your hammerin the pins the correct way?

for a quick way to get ur door off just leave ur door wide open on a busy main road and wait for mr white van man........or a handy bus....off in 2 seconds flat lmao :lol: :lol:

lmao sounds good but would f**k the rest of my car up

Mike.
10-04-05, 10:41 AM

is that how you got your doors off :lol: