PDA

View Full Version : Ashley Exhaust

Cassie-Nova
07-04-05, 05:47 PM
A mate of mine is scraping his nova, 1.3SR - he currently has a full system ashley exhaust on it.

Will this fit my 1.2 or will it require a new exhaust manifold?

Thanks guys!

Jim

Philsutton
07-04-05, 05:56 PM
you will need the manifold as well. If he is scraping it get the whole system off it, will just swap straight over then

Cassie-Nova
07-04-05, 06:13 PM
I don't think the system is stainless steel, only mild...is this a major problem? Is the Ashley system a worth while one to fit to my car or should i go for a mongoose or a powerflow instead? Will the Ashley add any BHP?

Cheers

Jim

Aragorn
07-04-05, 06:38 PM
ive had my ashley sysem over a year now and if its cheap why not get it

they are only ?130 new so u shouldnt pay much for it and its a good system for the money

NovaloadedAgain
07-04-05, 06:44 PM
It may add a few more ponies. Is the manifold a 4-1? just out of interest.

Cassie-Nova
07-04-05, 07:11 PM
just spoke to my mate, apparently it isn't coming with the manifold as that has gone to some one else already. What type of manifold will i need to get hold of to be able to fit the system? 1.3SR exhaust manifold? whats the official ashley site please?

thx

NovaloadedAgain
07-04-05, 07:36 PM
It all depends. I have a 1400 block but I have a GSi exhaust system including ashley 4 branch manifold GSi set up. You can run a GSi manifold to a 1.2, Its just the angle the exhaust runs leading to the exhaust system under the car. which means welding a bit more pipe in place.
You need to confirm that it is just an sr system. Get a 4 branch anyway-Gets the gasses out quicker. If it is a GSi setup I have a standard 4-2-1 manifold for sale ?15 plus p&p. But if you have the money you could get the 4-1 like I said for about ?120.

Cassie-Nova
08-04-05, 05:38 PM
Hmm, seems to think that the zorst is able to fit all Novas, he isn't the most knowledgeable nova owner in the world :) Other than having to fit a GSi manifold as im unsure about the welding part of it, is there any other exhaust manifolds i could use that i could simply bolt on and it would work?

Thanks!

Aragorn
08-04-05, 06:11 PM
if its an SR system u need an SR downpipe to fit it

any 1400 nova (or 1300 nova) will have the correct downpipe and manifold

Cassie-Nova
08-04-05, 06:34 PM
Well my mate wants about ?70 for the ashley system......by the sounds of things ill be spending not far off for the bits i would need to fit it......how much would i be looking at spending all in all? Still worth it?

Alex
08-04-05, 07:38 PM
The system only costs about ?90 brand new from Ashley. The manifold is about the same.

If you have a mild steel ashley system it will NOT mate up with any standard manifold. I tried this last weekend.

Oh btw I have a ashley system (but no manifold) for sale and want rid so am open to offers.

Aragorn
08-04-05, 08:33 PM
err ive fitted 2 mild steel ashley systems for nova gte to standard nova GTE manifolds on both my novas and everything went fine

system is ?130 including vat and delivery from ashley so u might wanna try n get it a bit cheaper

Cassie-Nova
09-04-05, 02:02 PM
system is ?130 including vat and delivery from ashley so u might wanna try n get it a bit cheaper

Does that price include the manifold? So could i use a GTE manifold to connect it to my engine?

Aragorn
09-04-05, 09:43 PM
that price is for the system alone

if u buy a GTE system u need a gte manifold

if u buy an SR system u need an SR manifold

Matt Nova
10-04-05, 07:59 AM
I had a 1.3 exhaust on my 1.2i and I used a 1.2 corsa downpipe to make it fit worth it for the system like

Paul
11-04-05, 05:03 PM
I am using a Sportex GTE/GSi Manifold on a Piper SR sytem, mates up fine.

Cassie-Nova
11-04-05, 06:21 PM
so the sr manifold will line up and fit, w/o any work, to my engine? Same shaped ports etc? other than the sr manifold would i need any thing else? Can this all bolt on or does it need welding?

Thanks