PDA

View Full Version : Which sub?

Anonymous
25-01-01, 08:28 PM
In my old car i had a cx255 amp and 2 250watt max subs and it sounded shit hot. Only thing is that every time i turned the amp up or the bass boost on the amp it kept blowing the subs. (cheep shit anyway)I worked out that the subs should be able to take the amp so I spoke to a couple of people and they said it was bass distortion. is this caused by a shit amp or shit subs and would it be better if I bridged the amp and just buy one sub. Or, should I just get a new amp as well. (I wanna be able to turn the amp up full without blowin subs every five mins! Anyone any ideas?

Anonymous
26-01-01, 02:52 PM
as far as I am aware the power ratings on subs is bollocks I think u have to halve it and then that is the power of amp u need

Anonymous
26-01-01, 08:49 PM
the rating is peak power so eybic is right in that you have to halve it. also amps are sold by peak too but donnt just go and get a twice as pwoerful amp to get the power you want as it dont quite work like that :)

Anonymous
28-01-01, 04:05 PM
hey m8 ur biggest problems is that u keep turning up u r amp...""do not do this"" only turn the gain up on the amp so it is no more half way up, thats what will b blowing up ur subs as well as not bein good quality stuff gat ur self some infinity perfect 12's or rockford fosgate stuff..the dogs b's

Ballsy