red
V5
6 previous owners
No rust or dents

for ?400

please help .... this will be my first car

Ricks
07-04-05, 12:54 AM
i wunt touch it without a mechanic check ova the engine espec with tht kind of mileage but if u like it get it mate. nt a bad price though

marsh_man
07-04-05, 12:56 AM
yeah the owner said that I can go and view the car and then lay down a deposit...

...so thats all good.

I will take my cousin with me (NovaLoadedAgain).

He can do the checking and driving of it because I havent even passed my test yet.

I am going to take the Crash Course (20hrs) for ?500.

Then I will be on the road within a month. After insuring, taxing, etc.

Ricks
07-04-05, 01:06 AM
gd luck mate hope it all goes well car and test

marsh_man
07-04-05, 01:09 AM
thanks ricks.

hope to see you around.

i noticed your insurance post... saved me some time posting for the links aswell ;)

Ricks
07-04-05, 01:15 AM
yer ive sorted mine out now thnks to norwich union direct got to be the best company to go with as a new driver. ?830 on a 02 plate fiesta 1.3 on my own fully comp i was gettin quotes off ?2k they did a good deal on my nova last year but i had to be on my mums for that :lol: soz admin for going off topic

marsh_man
07-04-05, 01:17 AM
ok thanks rick.

check my insurance post and reply on there to save the admins time deleting posts ;)

Will
07-04-05, 09:07 AM
i wunt touch it without a mechanic check ova the engine espec with tht kind of mileage but if u like it get it mate. nt a bad price though

what kind of mileage?

97k is nothing and for an 89 plate well below average......

those engines go on forever and dont break and are good for 200k if looked after...... the shell will no doubt rot before the engine does so to speak!

Breeny
07-04-05, 10:36 AM
^^^ As Will says.

I wouldn't worry about the engine, its the shell that you have to worry about. Finding a clean shell is a very hard thing to do and should be priority.

1.2 Engine? ?30 from a Scrappy....

A friend of mines 1.4 SR went on to 180k.. and was still going strong before he dropped an Xe in it..

boredbloke
07-04-05, 12:33 PM

If i was u i'd do 2 lesson before u go on this course just to get u used to using a clutch and it means u can pend more time actually learning to drive as opposed to pulling away and being explained to what everything is.

Jack
07-04-05, 12:37 PM
:o

:lol:

NovaloadedAgain
07-04-05, 02:43 PM
Lol maybe not a crash course Shane, Perhaps an intensive course a? Definately keep me Nova on the drive that week! Lol.

I hope my engine will last 200k, I think it will. 97k isnt a great deal providing its generally been looked after, Or at least never run out of oil! etc.
It doesnt matter anyway coz I will probably be tweaking your car for a while anyway so you wont matter what state the engines in....shame I cant put an XE in! Still 1300sr is on the cards! I smell twin 40's! lol.

Aragorn
07-04-05, 03:44 PM
bruces 140k GTE engine was so mint it didnt even need a crank regrind when we rebuild it

the shells were barely marked and we only changed them as a matter of course

crank got a polish and we honed the bores and fitted new rings

thats all it needed as everything was that close to spec

marsh_man
07-04-05, 11:21 PM
type in "purple modified nova" in ebay and tell me what you think please?

Jack
07-04-05, 11:30 PM
type in "purple modified nova" in ebay and tell me what you think please?
I think eww :?

Actually thats reminded me to look on ebay.co.jp for a few bits... thanks :)

NovaloadedAgain
08-04-05, 12:30 AM
Lol, I actually think thats got potential. Least you will have made friends with Phil & BoredBloke 5 doors n all! Good start I say.

marsh_man
08-04-05, 12:46 AM
lol well at least if i have any trouble, ive got 2 people that will know what they are talking about :)

coz NLA mate, u dont have a clue. (i love the way u blag stuff)

:lol: :lol: :lol: only jk mate :lol: :lol: :lol:

alankebab
08-04-05, 02:22 PM
please help .... this will be my first car

Don't buy it!!!

...unless you have a burberry cap of course :wink:

marsh_man
10-04-05, 11:16 PM
ive skipped that car

and been offered a GTE lookalike for ?350

my cousin said it will be a great buy.

hopefully i will speak to the guy soon and get some pics up.