PDA

View Full Version : another strange question from me

Ricks
07-04-05, 12:14 AM
right here goes

im lending 4 grand off my sister to buy a car and im stuck with 2 things
if she transfers the money into my account how long is it till i can take it out where both hsbc.

other thing is will the garage accept a normal check is there things like writing the account details on back off it to back itup. dunno im just really stuck at the mo. banker check i know they acceptbut my sister wont get 1 soo im pretty much fucked.
and yes i am a very thick person :lol:

jkhilton
07-04-05, 01:11 AM
if she's transferring the money into your account, then you can get a bankers draft yourself.

as for the amount of time it takes to transfer, it's usually between 1-3 days. I've transferred cash to different account in NatWest and it has been random as to whether it goes immediately or it takes 3 days.

boredbloke
07-04-05, 09:04 AM
I deal with payments al day, if she got the bank to do a "normal" transfer it'll be there by BACs within 3 days although if she asked for a immediate transfer it'll be sent by CHAPs on the same day and she'll be charged about 25 quid for it. (depending on bank)

Jack
07-04-05, 09:33 AM
Garage probably won't accept a normal cheque, especially not for ?4k. Would you let someone drive off with your car after giving you a cheque? I know I wouldn't...

If you can't get a bankers draft, then ask the dealer if he'd accept a BACS or CHAPS payment. If its gonna take a few days to get the money to come through then offer him a cash deposit now of ?100 or something to show you're serious on the offer.

Ricks
07-04-05, 04:57 PM
thnks for replys lads
i thourght they mite be somway off making a normal check safer. ive already put a deposit down and they said we cud switch the rest

epo
07-04-05, 05:13 PM
am sure if you arrange with your bank you could always pick the cash up and
pay cash for the car so you look flash that way lol

NovaloadedAgain
07-04-05, 07:11 PM
Bank transfers from the same provider are usually instant, Thats what would happen when I worked for a sub company on behalf of HBoS. But otherwise usually 3 days.

Ricks
07-04-05, 07:38 PM
epo Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:13 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thats what i was thinking mate

epo
07-04-05, 07:55 PM
epo Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:13 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thats what i was thinking mate

ring them up mate thats what i do if i need to arrange a big bit of cash

Ricks
07-04-05, 08:59 PM
yer thnks epo.
im buying another nova next week too.

car im buying is a ford fiesta 1.25 freestyle 02 reg 18,000 miles with years tax and serviceand full tank of petty for ?4500 but i stll want another nova

epo
07-04-05, 09:05 PM
nice one i thought you were getting a zetec s?

Ricks
07-04-05, 09:08 PM
turned out tht the one i was getting was supperchipped and was knocking out some serious power. so i thourght about it and came up withgettin a small engine fiesta for 2 years get my no claims up then spending some money on a car save getting skanked on insurance fully comp for this is ?830 cause im only 17. but ive got another ?32k to spend after this car

Jack
07-04-05, 11:25 PM
but ive got another ?32k to spend after this car
Imagine how many novas you could buy with that :lol: