PDA

View Full Version : MOT Gods....

alxlaw
06-04-05, 03:58 PM
yesterday went to get ma nova mot'd hasnt been on the road in a year and severly (badly) modded since....expecting big bill.....bearing in mind i left the police strobes, under car neon kit, wheels (with wrong offset and bald front tyre on) and the front shockers were f**ked too....oh and the exaust leaked halfway down the back box (again badly filled in) the brakes were dodgey too.....then ther was the arch the rear offside wheel rubed slightly...............

anyway took it to (not sure wether to mension them incase they get f**ked for it) in stockport (manchester)........and within 2 hours got a call "its all done mate we can pass you you can have the car back within the hour"........

no i didnt sleep with anyone to get this EXTREAM custermer service it just happend, if anyone in manchester wants to know who they are pm me.....

the best thing is the rear wheel dosent rub anymore?, the breaks work fine? exaust dosent leak???..........WTF

All Hail the MOT gods of england!

dunova
06-04-05, 04:48 PM
EXTREAM custermer service

I prefer the term 'dangerous'. You know there is a reason for MOT's and if your brakes and shocks aren't working properly its just plain dangerous. They should be reported if anything.

Aragorn
06-04-05, 04:51 PM
the brakes were probably just a bit sticking from being sat for ages

but if the place passed it with a baldy tyre and leaking shocks they really should be reported

did they give u advisorys on any of the "dodgy" things?

alxlaw
06-04-05, 04:57 PM
i know what you mean but most of the problems i had were fixed at no extra cost?? on the blue paper thing where it says what theydid (wich just looks like the guy ticked the lot in one go coz he scribled out the tick next to the side car bit????)....it does say seam weld advice?? not that he gave me any advice ....

alxlaw
06-04-05, 05:03 PM
and anyway i cant report them i want to use em again!!! :lol: :roll:

epo
06-04-05, 07:00 PM
sounds a bit dodgy to me tbh pleased your not driving it round my area

Adam
06-04-05, 09:35 PM
and anyway i cant report them i want to use em again!!! :lol: :roll:
I think i would rather get a proper MOT and not risk my life if the brakes/suspension/tyres are knackered :roll:
Dodgy brakes,suspension,tyres can cost you your life.

Stevo16V
06-04-05, 11:20 PM
on the blue paper thing where it says what theydid

The only blue paper thing i know of on the MOT is the VT30 which is a fail sheet? So this is confusing!

alxlaw
07-04-05, 02:10 PM
i spose u guys r right, ill get it checked out buy another garage just to make sure, and in anycase its legal now anyway so i can afford to wait it out

novamadcars
07-04-05, 02:16 PM
yes i would defo get it checked out by another garage sounds a bit strange 2 me.
somethink like this happened 2 me not so long ago i took her for the mot thay said it failed on front shock o/s so i changed it and still had play in the wheels so i changed the steering rack and bobs ya uncle it sorted it so i wont b going 2 my usual mot place ever again
just thought illed let u all no

a2lt16v
07-04-05, 03:04 PM
get it checked dodgy mot's arent worth it as serious rot will be ignored and then eventually later on you find you havent actually got a car

Aragorn
07-04-05, 03:42 PM
there is the fail sheet and another form they can fill out with advisories on it if forinstance a tyre is very near its tread limit or a top mount is worn but not enough to fail then they can note it down

if they havent even done this and just given you the certificate i'd stick it into another garage for a "Pre-MOT" and see what they recon it needs

that way u dont need to get it done but u have a definitive list of things that are possibly dodgy (and most places will bring up even the slightest fault on a Pre-MOT as your more likely to get everything fixed at once)

Ste_Nova
07-04-05, 05:33 PM
take it to a franchise... vauxhall garage, ats etc

they will fail it on loads as they expect to do the work and make ???

my mum used to take hers to the vw garage, used to come back with a fail sheet... i'd be back in the afternoon in dirty clothes with all the faults fixed... if i had taken it it wouldn;t have failed on half the stuff