PDA

View Full Version : Novas Nearly Done, But....

Paul
06-04-05, 09:51 AM
Well the Nova is nearly finished, but theres so many little things wrong with it, I'm at the stage whether I dont know whether to take the engine out, sort it all out properly or just finisih it now and be done with it.

Basically I borrowed an engine crane off of one of my mates, and I was still waiting for parts of my engine to come through when he wanted it back, so what i had to do is bolt the bottom end in, then bolt the other bits on after.

Now theres loads of small things, like vacuum hose missing (inlet manifold looks like its too big to get one on it). Cant get 2 bolts for the exhaust manifold in properly, look as though theyre cross threaded. Done the V6 Brakes, and don't know how to do the bar thing behind the pedal. None of my gauges are going to work.

I have sprayed the bay matt black by myself with cans, and basically I'm thinking should I take the engine out, get it sprayed pro, take a bit more time to sort the engine out, get it all done before I put it in. Or should I just carry on, and leave it half bodged.

Paul

MARTIN KELSON
06-04-05, 10:04 AM
Mate,
If its worth doing do it properly. Take engine back out if thats whot it needs and spray engine bay by a profesional.
You will only regret it in the long run if you bodge.

Paul
06-04-05, 10:06 AM
I know I said it would be half bodged in my first post, but i didnt exactly mean its got cable ties holding on the twin carbs or anything like that.

I just feel like it isnt as good as it could be. Its not bodged, it just could be better, bay sprayed etc.

Paul

NovaloadedAgain
06-04-05, 10:09 AM
I think your best off doing it properly mate, Take your time & have a decent Nova that wont need work for a few years.

Paul
06-04-05, 10:10 AM
Thats the other thing I'm thinking about, Its becoming a valver in December, so even now It'll only have 7 months on the road...

NovaloadedAgain
06-04-05, 10:14 AM
Well in that case I think you should get the bay welded up & resprayed ready for the valver. Maybe get rid of the bulkhead too? Mine will become a valver one day too.
Always best to do a proper job & have a cracker at the end of it.
Nice Nova mate. :wink:

coxie
06-04-05, 11:00 AM
do eberythin to best u can while ur doing mate, saves u having to undo the bodges uve done to do it properly agen for the valver

Will
06-04-05, 11:10 AM
why did u spray the bay black :?

General Baxter
06-04-05, 04:44 PM

becasue it looks the nuts on a white car ;)

http://www.streetrace.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2979

ANDYRACER
06-04-05, 05:16 PM
No it looks like a cheap spray job where they didn't bother to move the engine.

Nick
06-04-05, 08:13 PM

becasue it looks the nuts on a white car ;)

http://www.streetrace.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2979

it would look better if you hadn't have sprayed everypart of the engine bright silver.

and even then, the black bay would look rubbish....

Mike.
06-04-05, 09:29 PM
tbh i think the black engine bay idea is stupid, the engine bay would look so much better the same colour as the car lol

Paul
07-04-05, 01:03 PM
its easier to get a good finish from spray cans in matt black that metallic blue.

coxie
07-04-05, 01:24 PM
no need in rippin the guys idea apart, hes only after some advice on his mods ..

novamadcars
07-04-05, 01:46 PM
hay every one has got thair own taste