PDA

View Full Version : Anyone running a late XE with the DIS unit

16vChris
06-04-05, 09:38 AM
If you are running the above what engine mount have you used on the front as there is an extra pully on the end of the engine which is stopping me putting the cam belt cover back on i have tried spacing the engine out a little but didnt really want to space it out too much with washers. Anyone else had this problem?
Cheers
Chris

Dar
06-04-05, 10:11 AM
If the pulley runs something like powersteering or air con then just take it off. If you have a piccy, put it up and I will have a better idea of what the problem is.

Dar

16vChris
06-04-05, 10:13 AM
havent got a picture, but its not powersteering or anything its on the side of the block would normally be covered by the cam cover, its probably more of a roller than a pulle, the cam belt goes round it. Will have to try and get some pictures tonight

Dar
06-04-05, 10:20 AM
These are the two different types of XE. IF your trying to put the earlier type of cam belt cover on the later engine then it just won't fit.
http://www.valvers.com/20xe/images/20XEbelttype.jpg

16vChris
06-04-05, 10:23 AM
ah thats excellent picture :)
its the engine on the right with the extra roller in the cam cover is the right one for the car fits perfectly but it fouls the engine mount, i asume the engine mount was made with the earlier engine in mind where the extra buldge doesnt stick out, so do you think it will be ok to space it out another say 5mm?

Dar
06-04-05, 10:37 AM
Yup I see what your problem is now :D

If you can space the engine over a bit then have a go at that. The only problem your going to have with that is that the other two engine mounts will have to shift over as well. The one under the car shouldn't be a problem but im not too sure about the gearbox mount.

If its possible I would modify the mount and/or the cambelt cover but that all depends on how much its fouling by etc.

According to the piccy I posted above its the same type of engine as a LET so I wonder what the LET owners have done??

16vChris
06-04-05, 10:40 AM
sorry i cant explain for shit lol
I Didnt know if people had bought different mounts or something, i have altered a bit and now the pulley shouldnt catch on anything but would much rather have the cover on aswell to stop stuff getting onto the belt.
Hopefully an let owner will have done something
Cheers for your replys :)

Dar
06-04-05, 10:53 AM
No worries. I think the LET engine has to be tilted back slightly because of the F28 box (not 100% sure though). If that is the case I bet they don't get the problem your having. Which isn't going to help you much. Im quite intrested in what some of the LET owners say.

Austin_Nova16
06-04-05, 01:09 PM
I run this engine. I used a carquip mount when the car was FWD, and it all fitted fine (with cover on aswell). I know that some companys who make conversion mounts have different ones for the early/later type, so this may be your problem.

Get the grinder out and make it fit.

16vChris
06-04-05, 01:49 PM
Cheers mate good to know :)
will get altering :)

Lee H
06-04-05, 02:15 PM
My LET runs that pulley setup as well, I have just cut a bit out of the cambelt cover where it was fowling and have had no problems since.