PDA

View Full Version : arty n tarty ?

sickrabbit
05-04-05, 07:40 PM
Brought some of those silver aluminum checker mats for my motor weeks back ...they just didnt go with the elephant interior so took up residence in the garage..
On sunday , bored and hungover ( so no driving ) I decided to spray the gear console silver ( got a black gear and handbrake gaiter set on order ) and it came out spiffingly. Whilst spraying the consol the mats caught my eye they were going to waste so it,d be no loss if the idea I then had didnt come out...... - I measured the entire centre column and cut one of the rear mats to shape the handbrake location( and one piece for the consoles " key store " at the front ) then the entire length , from newly sprayed centre to the rear seats . Held em down by velcro , and gave em a quick wipe with white spirit...looks nice , then put the new black carpet mats in ( the drivers side mat has the chequer plat on one corner )- the outcome -the neons look the dogs ....

even the missus ses so .

D4 VEB
05-04-05, 09:00 PM
any pics mate?

sickrabbit
05-04-05, 09:11 PM
watch this space... :D

markiemark
05-04-05, 09:56 PM
sounds alright.... id like to see pics mate

alxlaw
06-04-05, 04:29 PM
be carefull this is the point when it all gets out of hand.....some one let me loose inside my nova with a can of glaicier white......it just looks cleeeeeean as fook and toatally OTT

sickrabbit
06-04-05, 07:53 PM
too right mate where do you stop ....? the middle console looks the dogs ( but then all new paint looks well fresh and attractive ) and now the bloomin gaiters have arrived ( but the cars at the welders - so you,ll have to wait for pics ) I,m itching to get back to tarting me motor..

Is this an obsessional behaviour ??

pics soon .....

Dod
06-04-05, 09:33 PM
I've the carpet out of mine, and i sprayed the floor with a spray tin one afternoon, looks mint and realy rally slag, but then my mecahnic phoned and i had to drive the freshly painted car 5 miles to him in the heat. I was as high as a kite once i got there :lol: :lol: :lol:

alxlaw
07-04-05, 02:17 PM
it got out of hand when i took the cigar lighter apart to spray the button white................looks mint tho....