PDA

View Full Version : is my SR spanish?

SRlew
05-04-05, 10:20 AM
well my brother mentioned the other day that when my car was in the garage a while ago, the mechanics said it had spanish parts or somthing and they said it might be an opel model.

then when i was clearing out the shed the other day i found the original orange front indicators and they said spain on them. does every one elses say spain on them?

i know its not loads what you all recon?

cheers, lew

Stuart
05-04-05, 10:27 AM
sicne they were all built in spain, id say all novas are spanish lol

SRlew
05-04-05, 10:37 AM
:D lol

true!

SRimon
05-04-05, 10:41 AM
prob just confusion, as all nova's are the same shell wise, there wouldn't be much difference between opel and vauxhall, except left hand drive!

SRlew
05-04-05, 10:46 AM
alright thats all i wanted to now really (just woundering)

cheers, lew

Snowface
05-04-05, 10:52 AM
prob just confusion, as all nova's are the same shell wise, there wouldn't be much difference between opel and vauxhall, except left hand drive!

5-doors are obviously different :arrow: . GTE/GSI and a think Sri's, all had stronger engine bays (thicker metal).

Mk2 rear wings are different but i don't think they are related to any shell differences back there.

Jim
05-04-05, 12:14 PM
Mine had a "Made in Spain" sticker on the windscreen for ages. I eventually took it off, lol.

Jjim

Jack
05-04-05, 12:44 PM
I found the skeleton of a small spanish worker with a rivet gun behind my dashboard.

dunova
05-04-05, 01:00 PM
is my SR spanish?

Say 'Hola' and see if it responds :lol:

SRimon
05-04-05, 02:00 PM

5-doors are obviously different :arrow: . GTE/GSI and a think Sri's, all had stronger engine bays (thicker metal).

Mk2 rear wings are different but i don't think they are related to any shell differences back there.

lol yes the obvious differences...

GTE/GSi/SRi just had the extra plate on the strut tops if thats what you mean by extra strengthening...the inner wings etc are all the same..

mikey14sr
05-04-05, 08:44 PM

lol yes the obvious differences...

GTE/GSi/SRi just had the extra plate on the strut tops if thats what you mean by extra strengthening...the inner wings etc are all the same..

also the GTE/GSI/SRI and TD models were built from thicker guage steel at the front end, if you look at the part No.'s on the EPC they say 1.6mm instead of 1.2mm.

jkhilton
05-04-05, 09:21 PM
is my SR spanish?

Say 'Hola' and see if it responds :lol:

lmao!
:lol:

Nick
05-04-05, 10:34 PM
it would more than likely be LHD if it were a spanish road car.

SRlew
06-04-05, 10:44 AM
some good replays guys :lol:

Nick?, yer i supose it would be a left hand drive wouldnt it.

cheers every one, lew