PDA

View Full Version : feckin exhausts!

ade
04-04-05, 07:20 PM
My Seat Ibiza's exhaust packed up the other day - pipe snapped just before the back box. Also a funny rattling noise coming from under the mid section of the car which I discovered was one of the brackets that holds the mid section on and with that snapped that cracked the angled part that connects the downpipe to the cat!

So I need a full system from down pipe back.

:evil:

cheapest Ive got so far is ?300!

Thats like nearly all the money I'd saved for the fibreglass for me car!

:evil: :x :evil:

have to get it coz its in for a MOT end May and Service in April.

:cry:

feck!

burgo
04-04-05, 07:22 PM
thats abit of a shitter and why do you need ?300 worth of fibreglass

Nick
04-04-05, 07:57 PM
you could make a caravan with ?300 woth of FG !

Riggy
04-04-05, 10:10 PM
sorry to hear that ade

might be worth looking for a s/s one for that sort of money

m.d.
04-04-05, 10:24 PM
just get it welded up mate. will do for ages and as long as there are no leaks will pass mot

Dave
05-04-05, 12:20 AM
could have a word with me mate who works at seat but by the time it's up to you would probably have cost more than buying from local dealer!
as carl says try s/s ones then you won't need to worry about replacing!

ade
05-04-05, 06:38 PM
unfortunately its been welded up before - its over 5 yrs old.

Thought about stainless system but with the cat its even more expensive - the wife wont let me mod it!

:(

Fibreglass wise - the ?300 is for everything I need to make my custom one off body kit - including fibreglass mold and tools.

Had been saving for the last couple of months.

:evil:

ANDYRACER
05-04-05, 09:23 PM
Couldnt u go scrapyard and find one?

Aragorn
06-04-05, 04:43 PM
i'd defo just get it welded up mate

even if its been done before any decent welder should beable to sort it for not much money

ade
07-04-05, 06:14 PM
cant get them in scrappy's - did a quick ring round before hand.

Its completely shagged. been sitting in the shop all day watching them get it off the car. The back box has blown and has a 4" rusty hole at the top, the pipes sheared from the back of the back box and has also broken mid way down. The pipe in front of the cat has a hole and theres a split on the other side of the cat.

Its shagged.

Sat for 4 hours reading a book whilst they attempted to fit it - prob is they couldnt get the front section on coz of all this extra upderside support thats fastened to the car after the exhaust is fitted in the factory. they have to strip it all off but its all seized shut - so out came the welding torch. Then they discovered the back section wasnt right and had to order a new one - summut to do with the angle of the exit pipe (which is concealed behind the rear bumper) - wasnt right.

I gave up after 4 hours and told them to keep it and Id come back Saturday.

Wasted most of the day. Me book was good though.

:?