PDA

View Full Version : Computer geeks please............

dunova
04-04-05, 02:15 PM
.........i've just been 'cleaning up' my PC and found these but don't know if they're safe or not to delete :? They're registry entries so didn't want to delete stuff that should be left alone!!

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\clsid\{29FF67FF-8050-480f-9F30-CC41635F2F9D}\lnprocserver32

It has a value of 'ADMWPROX.DLL'

There's 5 of them with slightly different numbers in between the {}

There's also one with the same main bit but with a value of 'deskpan.dll' and one with a value of 'cdooff.dll'.

Does that mean anything to anyone?? :lol:
Are they deletable do you know?

I hope they are because my PC's being abit sh!te lately and i've scanned for spyware and viruses and nothing :?

Breeny
04-04-05, 02:41 PM
I wouldn't go deleting dll's and registry keys willy nilly dude..

The first dll is part of a service pack for your OS..

Go run HiJackThis and paste a log here, I'll have a looky when I have time :)

dunova
04-04-05, 02:50 PM
Okay mate i'll leave them alone then lol

Just did HiJackThis and here's the logfile;

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.0
Scan saved at 14:45:56, on 04/04/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\AVPersonal\AVGNT.EXE
C:\Program Files\blueyonder IST\bin\mpbtn.exe
C:\Program Files\AVPersonal\AVGUARD.EXE
C:\Program Files\AVPersonal\AVWUPSRV.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\RM\LOCALS~1\Temp\Temporary Directory 1 for hijackthis.zip\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://search.blueyonder.co.uk/search/search.jsp
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.co.uk/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.virgin.net/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Internet Explorer Provided by blueyonder
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVGCtrl] "C:\Program Files\AVPersonal\AVGNT.EXE" /min
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: blueyonder Instant Support Tool.lnk = C:\Program Files\blueyonder IST\bin\matcli.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O23 - Service: AntiVir Service - H+BEDV Datentechnik GmbH - C:\Program Files\AVPersonal\AVGUARD.EXE
O23 - Service: AntiVir Update - H+BEDV Datentechnik GmbH, Germany - C:\Program Files\AVPersonal\AVWUPSRV.EXE

I saw there was something named 'LSASS.exe' and a while ago wasn't there a virus going about called the sass virus??

Breeny
04-04-05, 03:01 PM
No lsass is a legit Windows service. The sasser virus does infect it though.. but you'll know if you have that.

That log is clean.. looks like Blueyonder installs loads of crap!

dunova
04-04-05, 03:08 PM
That log is clean.. looks like Blueyonder installs loads of crap!

Bo!!ox :? Was hoping it'd show something. It keeps running slow and making a 'clunking' kind of noise. Don't know what to do about it apart from get someone out to have a look at it :cry:

It seems really random-like now its fine, but other times it'll go crazy and its not like i'm asking it to do loads (if anything!!). Oh well, cheers for having a look :wink:

Will
04-04-05, 03:50 PM
defragged the hard disk? :P

Jack
04-04-05, 04:33 PM
It keeps running slow and making a 'clunking' kind of noise.
Clunking? :?

HDD could be on the way out...

dunova
04-04-05, 06:19 PM
defragged the hard disk?

No, do you think that may help? Because it takes fooking ages!!

Clunking?

HDD could be on the way out...

Is HDD 'Hard disk drive'? Is that very likely? I've never heard of that before :? Would it be difficult/exspensive to replace? Also its quite intermittent-for example currently its working perfectly, but last night it was being really sh!te :roll:

Alex
04-04-05, 07:03 PM
Defragging will help, especially if it hasn't been done in ages.

When you say that it takes ages, do you mean to boot up, or to run stuff? What is your Pcs spec, and what are you trying to run?

A new HDD (hard disk drive) can be bought reasonably cheaply (under ?100)

dunova
04-04-05, 07:42 PM
Okay i'll try defragging.

I'm running Windows XP. I think its got a pentium 3 in it?? Not sure though :?

It's just general running-not booting up. Just anything really-opening the net, changing web pages, opening word, excell etc etc.

It didn't do it when we first got it either :roll:

Nick
04-04-05, 07:46 PM
aye, usually antispyware programs (up-to-date ones) should keep the registry clean.

Also try runing the Registry checker on SPybot, this gets rid of useless/malicious keys.

Don't go deleting stuff, and if you really want to, back the registry up first.

And also, if you find a virus, and it's named, search on symantec and check for reg entity's as usually spyware programmes don't get rid of them completly. a bit of manual checking can do no harm !