PDA

View Full Version : Spare wire @ dials

dandan
04-04-05, 02:11 PM
I have put in a set of Gsi dials in my Nova and when I came to connect them up I discovered I have a spare wire and nowhere to connect it to!
It is wrapped in with the connector for the dials and is light blue/yellow with a spade connector on it.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Jack
04-04-05, 02:42 PM
Haynes Manual:

for 1992 Nova. Track 392 BLGE (blue/yellow). Goes to P8 - Oil Pressure Gauge.

Dunno if thats the one, but its the only wire I could see in blue and yellow.

dan-hipgrave
04-04-05, 03:05 PM
yeh that'll most likely be the one - your car probably wont have a 2 pin sender, so the guage will constantly read maximum, and if you get a 2 pin sender from a higher spec model, then connect that wire upto it, your oil pressure guage will work..

dandan
04-04-05, 03:08 PM
But I cant see where it connects to the dials?
Or am I just going blind in my old age! Fcuk it I'm gonna go check again!

dan-hipgrave
04-04-05, 03:17 PM
ah right, thought you meant that it was coming out of the dials and you didnt know where to connect it...

Just checked the plug connected to my GSi dials and it doesnt seem to have a blue/yellow wire on it so maybe its not needed :?

Just wire up what you have got left, and see what doesnt work at the end, and post on here mate..

Jack
04-04-05, 04:42 PM
Just had a look on the back of my 6pod dials - behind the oil pressure gauge there's a bolt with a spade connector coming of it. Does the wire connect to that?

dandan
04-04-05, 05:00 PM
Mmmmmmmmm...... interesting........
I dont have one of those. Any chance of a pic?

Aragorn
04-04-05, 05:05 PM
mk1 and mk2 looms might differ here?

ie mk1 might have a spade and mk2 might just be part of the loom plug

edit no according to haynes the oil pressure wire goes to a seperate plug on the back of the clocks