PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer dehp 6100r

Anonymous
05-01-01, 05:50 PM
I have a pioneer dehp6100 headunit, I have 2 6" and 2 1" infinity component speakers in my doors and an MTX sub in the boot, it all runs off the outputs on the headunit. Thing is I have been told that the MTX sub could blow the sub output on the headunit if I push it too hard, but I have had it upto volume level 40 and this is louder than alot of other stereos I have heard and it doesn't even struggle. Was the shop that sold me the sub just trying to get me to buy an amp aswell or am I tempting fate by not using a separate amp? anybody know?

Anonymous
05-01-01, 07:23 PM
I might be wrong but i shouldn't think that the sub would blow the head unit if anything it should be the other way round (if the head unit was powerfull enough). 80)

Anonymous
06-01-01, 10:11 AM
that's what I thought. The headunit isn't powerful enough to blow the sub though, but it does give a nice deep bass sound!!!(the cable I have running from the front to the back of the car is about 1cm in diameter!! it was an absolute bitch to hide!!!

Anonymous
06-01-01, 11:43 AM
I would say that u r quite safe m8.

Anonymous
08-01-01, 08:31 PM
get a sub mate, itll sound 10 times better

Anonymous
10-01-01, 08:41 AM
got a sub mate, I was trying to decide if I should spend any cash on another amp, which will probably only get ripped out of my car by some thieving ba**ards!!!!

Anonymous
10-01-01, 08:54 AM
It will sound a whole lot better if you amp it though John, doesn't have to be a big flash amp.

Anonymous
10-01-01, 02:13 PM
Runnnig the sub from your head unit, allthough you have decent head unit, your sub will not be getting half of the power that it needs. You can blow a sub from too much power, BUT, you can also fuck it up from not enough power. You wont blow the sub off yer head unit, but it would be weel worth getting an amp.