PDA

View Full Version : Monza 1.6 8v GSi from South Africa idling problem

VineshN
04-04-05, 11:34 AM
Hi Guys,

I am from South Africa and drive an Opel Monza 1.6 Gsi. The engine that is in this car looks the same as the 8v engine found in the Nova Gte. Problem I'm having is the idle adjustment screw on the throttle body is moving as I drive the car and then it doesnt idle when I come to a stop. I have jammed the screw with some cardboard in its housing as a temporary solution. The throttle body looks exactly like the one in the Nova 1.6 8v Gte. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jkhilton
04-04-05, 11:55 AM
you could always get another throttle body from a scrap yard or something, or possibly set the idle level to what you need and then use superglue on the screw.

probably not the best advice, but there you go.

-Bruce-
04-04-05, 01:12 PM
If the problem is that the screw keeps moving then as said above use some locktite or even superglue on the threads after you have set the correct possition.

Bruce

VineshN
05-04-05, 07:32 AM
Thanks, for the reply guys. But wouldn't putting superglue or loctite on this screw mean it can never be adjusted again?

Snowface
05-04-05, 10:39 AM
use locktite or even silocone. You can still turn it later and break the seal.

(only use a small small amount of locktite.)

VineshN
05-04-05, 10:56 AM
Thanks. Will try that. Can this idle screw be simply unscrewed and then screwed back in?