PDA

View Full Version : Help

LordyCL
04-04-05, 12:13 AM
I have been offered a K plate, vauxhall nova, 1.2i, 51000 on clock, 1 female owner, FSH, MOT till Nov, no Tax, mint interior, Blue, good exterior, 1st inspection shows slight rust under 1 arch, until i went round it had not bin started since chrimbo and started 1st go very well!! this is from a reliable family friend "auntie" u know the kind so she wunt cheat me i don't think! ?600 but hope she wud drop lower for me!

Can anyone give me any advice on wot to look out for? common problems, etc? wot is the ride, handlin, speed, etc like? 0-60 times? top-speeds, etc?

Cheers
LordyCL

www.cruise-lincs.net

peester
04-04-05, 12:28 AM
?600 but hope she wud drop lower for me!
Can anyone give me any advice on wot to look out for? common problems, etc? wot is the ride, handlin, speed, etc like? 0-60 times? top-speeds, etc?

?600 is ok, at a guess; but obviously u might as well haggle/whatever -saves some money doesnt it..?
top speed = 100mph?
0-60= 15secs?
handling= shopping trolley?

advice= ide lower 60mm; go for streetline bilstein kit (?220aprox) thats if they do a 60mm, if not, try spax. springs and shocks. polly bushes (?100aprox) throughout. try powerflex for them. no bigger than 15"'s alloys cos itll naff up handling and the 1.2 will go even slower.. dont tune 1.2 just service it; maybe gsi exhaust manifold, adapt an induction kit if u want using scrap corsa 1.2 bits.. get a noisey backbox.. sorted. keep it old skool lookin, subtle.

gazmorgan1985
04-04-05, 12:32 AM
well said...

i think 600 is well over priced thou, arguee the fact 'i need to tax it and the arch need doin' and as 'well you know im your best nephew' or 'well you are the best auntie'

they might work a little to lol :lol:

Gaz

LordyCL
04-04-05, 12:41 AM
think she would drop to ?500 for me, still think this is overpriced? and think she would let me pay in installments too which i would need to as skint! it seems v.tidy but need 2 look at it in better light and take for a test drive!

www.cruise-lincs.net

gazmorgan1985
04-04-05, 12:46 AM
to be honest id say 300-350 an try an meet her at about 400-450, maybe 500 depending on how its is in 'better light' m8 :wink:

My Sri was up for 500quid an i got it for 350quid doing this :lol:

Dave
04-04-05, 12:47 AM
normal rust places are bottoms of doors, rear arches, boot floors and sometimes slam pannels,
check through the service history to see if cambelt has been done too
as said performance/handeling is nothing special

?500 sounds ok but try to haggle down a bit more if possible as that first drop has just paid for the tax and a the parts for a quick service :lol:

dandan
04-04-05, 01:45 AM
K-reg ('92 I presume) will have cat and lambda sensor so watch out for these if changing exhaust (getting rid of these can/will screw up your emissions and fuelling) but obviously not a prob if you are just gonna put on a back box.
1.2i as standard compared to the 1.2 carb are statistically lower in bhp mainly cos of the cat and being single point injection and top speed is about 98mph iirc.
They are also auto choke which some people dont get on with.
Check the usual place for rust (bottom of doors, arches). On mine I found that the seam along the inner wing in the engine bay had started to go.

There is a guide on basic 1.2 tuning in the tech section.