PDA

View Full Version : PCD's???

dunova
03-04-05, 10:27 PM
It's not for a Nova (it's for my Omega actually but thought someone might know). The Omega's 5 stud and i've noticed there's loads of different PCD's, such as 5x110, 5x112, 5x114, 5x115 etc.

My Omega is apparently 5x110, but i've seen some wheels that are 5x114. As there are so many close fitments do you think they would fit? Its only 4mm difference and i thought i might get away with squeezing them onto the wheel bolts?

Any idea's??

Aragorn
03-04-05, 10:29 PM
i think u could get away with 112's as long as u used varibolts but 114 is a bit too far out

and dont even attempt to fit them without varibolts as u end up with one very small area of the bolt cone holding the wheel on which is very dangerous

dunova
03-04-05, 10:37 PM
What are varibolts? Is there anyway of having the bolt holes filed wider do you know?

I can't believe there are so many close variations on PCD's for 5 stud alloys!! 4 stud is so much simpler!!!

Also, they're ET35 and my current wheels are ET33, do you think this could cause me trouble? Although from what you've said it sounds like i'll have to be looking for different wheels anyway :cry:

Aragorn
03-04-05, 10:41 PM
you could possibly have the holes redrilled further in

u might even find varibolts will take it up

basically its a bolt whose cone section is a movable collar with basically a stndard bolt thru it

the collar sits in the hole on the wheel correctly and the bolt sits to one side of the collar once screwed in

bit of a bodge and ive never seen a varibolt locking nut so unless u got something fabricated u'd have no safe way of locking them

dunova
03-04-05, 10:43 PM
bit of a bodge and ive never seen a varibolt locking nut so unless u got something fabricated u'd have no safe way of locking them

Hmmm, that could be a problem because they're quite nice 18's :?

I'll look into it though, thanks for your help :wink: