PDA

View Full Version : FRONT SPEAKERS

Anonymous
03-01-01, 08:37 PM
HELP!! HOW THE HELL DO YOU GET THE OLD SPEAKERS OUT OF THE FRONT DASH. i HAVE A NEW SHAPE NOVA AND CAN'T GET THE SPEAKERS OUT TO REPLACE THEM WITH NICE NEW ONES.. CHEERS FOR ANY HELP.

Anonymous
04-01-01, 03:59 AM
Its better to leave them where they are and disconnect them and either get some door builds made or make them urself

Anonymous
04-01-01, 09:01 AM
I have just run them off of the head unit in mine and got some nice bit chunky door speakers running off of an amp 4 the front. This way, even though the std speakers don't go very loud, you still get a surround effect.

Anonymous
04-01-01, 09:04 AM
the old speakers are remarkably tough. but you need to take the air vents off and reach up into the bowels of the dash to get them out.

Anonymous
04-01-01, 11:46 AM
to get them out, you should be able to get the passenger one out by taking the cover off, but I think you'll have to get the dash off to get to the driver one

Anonymous
05-01-01, 12:23 PM
glove box out, clocks out fuse box unlipped and then you should be able to reach both

Anonymous
05-01-01, 04:28 PM
I replaced mine last night, the easiest way is to take the two grilles off, unscrew the air vent and pop it off the pipe that connects to it (just pull it forward of the pie, it's easy to get back on), then put your hand in through the space where the air vent was, disconnect the wires to the speakers, you then have to turn the speakers anti clockwise and you should be able to get them out. You then need to wire your replacements up before you put them in, then you only need one screw to hold your new speakers in (the only available space you can get a screw in !!) Hope that helps !!

Anonymous
05-01-01, 04:56 PM
What speakers did you put in GSI Boy?

Anonymous
05-01-01, 05:13 PM
JBL GTO302's 3.25" 60w , there on to an amp, shared with the front door pods and they sound mint, the best bit, i bought them while i was in tenerife for ?20 !! They sell stuff well cheap over there.

Anonymous
06-01-01, 12:18 AM
grrr I have got JBL 4.0's they are a bit bigger than 3.25's?? but they were a right b*td to fit and they sound feckin shite. You would be better with doorpods don't bother replacing the dash ones they are in a shit position grumble (!)