PDA

View Full Version : nova gte.

dabow
03-04-05, 06:14 PM
what's the cheapest price i might pay for a gte, resonable body.. good engine ect. not bothered about m.o.t/tax......no mods just standed, nise one 8)

Philsutton
03-04-05, 06:18 PM
i told you the other day you want a 1.0/1.2 shell, for a start you will be looking at paying at alot less and the chances of finding a good shell is better. But if you have your heart set on one then i'd say around 300-400.

dabow
03-04-05, 07:06 PM
hi phil, i now what you said. when i do a car ect. i look at how strong the car is. plus im after a gte engine, there very reliable + quick. i'll be looking at paying around 300/450 anyway.how ya engine anyway.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Philsutton
03-04-05, 07:08 PM
the engine is orange at the moment, after its little eruption i had out theheader tank lol

dabow
03-04-05, 07:13 PM
well lets say its the head gascit trhen... as me and paul descused, you will race....besideds you could make ya car run quicker by reconing the engine. :roll:

Snowface
03-04-05, 07:57 PM
any Nova engine is reliable if looked after well and not thrashed to the limit all the time or when cold.

dabow
03-04-05, 08:13 PM
any Nova engine is reliable if looked after well and not thrashed to the limit all the time or when cold.

i now that nova engine are quite robust but the gte has a class of its own, ive had all the novas 'sr1.3/1.4/gte ect but the gte will remain my best. even though i have a corsa gsi, the gte was my best. im mainly after prices. thank matty :lol: :lol: :lol:

burgo
03-04-05, 11:18 PM
you'll be lucky to find a mint one that cheap

dabow
04-04-05, 05:20 PM
ive found a couple for around 350/400, im after one for track use. not to bothered about engine but the shell would have to be in a good con. well thanks for your help ... with in the next month i shall try & buy one. :)

ade
04-04-05, 06:31 PM
there's a couple on ebay. Theres also a head, bottom end and the anciliaries too.

If you knoe engines then most of its there.

If youre track running it, you'll prob wanna rebuild it anyway so you can get max power out of it.

think prices are v reasonable too - I picked up one for ?175 inc all bits and full gte interior + glass!

Nick
04-04-05, 06:46 PM
as phil said...

go and buy a mint 1.2/1 litre shell from an OAP, they're less likely to have been ragged.

you'l beable to find one that's had 1/2 owners, FSH from vauxhall and low mileage.

Buy a C16SE,E16SE and stick it on carbs, strip everything out and use it for trackdays !

SRimon
04-04-05, 07:28 PM
i told you the other day you want a 1.0/1.2 shell, for a start you will be looking at paying at alot less and the chances of finding a good shell is better. But if you have your heart set on one then i'd say around 300-400.

i'd agree 100%

i looked around for ages for a tidy 1.4SR or GTE/GSi couldn't find one for love nor money...hence my 1.0, but it's immaculate...even before i had all the body work done on it, no extra bodywork was needed in the body shop!

benji
04-04-05, 07:51 PM
i have a gte for sale. ?200 if you want it. i'ts a bit tatty but basically sound. it's in derby if you wanted to come and have a look

Nick
04-04-05, 07:55 PM

i'd agree 100%

i looked around for ages for a tidy 1.4SR or GTE/GSi couldn't find one for love nor money...hence my 1.0, but it's immaculate...even before i had all the body work done on it, no extra bodywork was needed in the body shop!

aye, mine has never had a part replaced except for all the un-neccessary things i've done.

most of the car is 100% original, and is cracking condition still...

dabow
05-04-05, 04:43 PM
i have a gte for sale. ?200 if you want it. i'ts a bit tatty but basically sound. it's in derby if you wanted to come and have a look

nise one matty, ive just got to get my 4x4 sorted out ( cracked block ). if you still have it after that great....