PDA

View Full Version : bass loss

sparky_1.2
02-04-05, 02:18 AM
i don't want 2 insult ppl with this post but i have noticed a loss of bass in my nova i have a 500watt 12in sub and a 500watt 10in sub in the boot and they sound quite compaired to when i had them in my mk3 fiesta (yes a ford) the amp is run of a parasonic head unit with a 5v preout and sub level set 2 max on head unit 4 it 2 sound the same as wot it was in the fiesta (soz about the swearing) i've been told that nova's lose 30% bass thouth the spare wheel well if this is true would it be possible 2 just put brown bread (sound deafing) and a false floor in?

notenuffhoursintheday
02-04-05, 08:08 AM
are u keeping them just in the boot ? if so you can take out the carpet in hte boot put it on some mdf a solid peice tho and place it on top and carpet it with thick carpet accoustic stuff on mine as I thinking of reversing my wheel well so I dont have to put the wheel somewhere else coz in my ive false floored the whol boot and rear seats so im gonna have to spray foam under mine how much fun NOT but at the of the day im hoping it will sound good :D

sparky_1.2
02-04-05, 05:12 PM
yeah they r in boot i've got 15mm thick mdf which i think will be gd enuff 4 it may do a complete boot build sum thing differant and just pull out so still get spare wheel i have 2 many ideas in my head 4 the sounds :D

-tucny-
03-04-05, 01:33 AM
have you checked to see if both your subs are in phase with each other. if one of them is out of phase this sort of cancels out alot off bass. as for the brown bread, the spare wheel well should already have a peice of bitumen there so putting some more in may not make too much difference.

General Baxter
03-04-05, 01:37 AM
just do this :P

http://www.streetrace.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2650

-tucny-
03-04-05, 10:12 AM
a candy floss maker in the spare wheel well, a novel idea :D

sparky_1.2
03-04-05, 12:46 PM
yeah they're in phase i spent around half a day setting the whole lot up and have no boot space i need 2keep my bk seats so can't do 2 much but one of my ideas was 2 put the subs up right or on a angle at by the bootlid hide the amps and wiring and tke out the parcel shelf want replace it wiv persbax and have 6x9s in the boot wiv components build up in levels i'll sketch sumthing and add it later on as 4 form in the spare wheel well i need to keep the spare wheel as i still run standard wheels sorted sounds b4 anything else (apart from a square number plate over tow eye) as i say i'll draw a few ideas and post them

sparky_1.2
18-06-05, 06:07 PM
thanks 2 mister chav scum my i.c.e install has been stolen while at college in bath (sommerset) so now is stripped down and has no back seats like 2 c sum twat try and steal my i.c.e this time as windows r tinted and got that film stuff on front and no locks showing will be putting picks on soon