PDA

View Full Version : Pre Nurburgring get togeather this sunday

karl Rowntree
02-04-05, 12:06 AM
Just a quick message to say there are a few of us having a social on sunday at the Bassetts Pole Pub, London Road, Canwell (approx 10 miles from birmingham centre)

Its the first meet up we have all had in ages and is intending to kick start us ready for the summer. If you live in the midlands and fancy a chat come down for 1pm and see some nice cars :wink:

Karl

scott.parker
02-04-05, 12:09 AM
I would do mate though unless we can get a stand finished up the N.E.C by tomo night i think im working all day sunday.. :(

It's a tuff one you need the money,but also need a social life.. :?

Scott

krobinson
03-04-05, 05:55 PM
Well guy's, how did you's get on?

Keith

karl Rowntree
03-04-05, 09:44 PM
Not too good Keith.

Got a phone call from oli dhdev to say he was 1 mile away from bassetts pole and his engine had blown!

One of the cam verneir pulleys had lost its bolts and the valves had bounced off the pistons! I really cant believe oli's luck but as usual he was still smiling.

Hope all is ok for him and he manages to get the engine rebuilt before the trip. Good luck mate and if you need a hand with anything at all give me a call.

Karl

dhdev (Oli)
04-04-05, 12:53 PM
yep the engine's let me down aaaagaaain, i'll hav the head off it some time this week to see what the damage is. can't imagine it'll cost less than a few hundred tho :cry: and unless i can ebay the hell outta every spare part i've got in the garage i don't think she'll be done in time for the 'ring :cry: :cry: :cry:

dhdev (Oli)
04-04-05, 12:59 PM
btw cheers for the offer of help karl, i should have plenty of time to do it its just cash that'll let me down. i'll definately be at the ring tho, it might not be in the nova but a friend with a 200sx is always good back up :D

Adam Moran
04-04-05, 05:53 PM
Cant beleave it :( gutted for you mate.

krobinson
04-04-05, 06:00 PM
Dear me :( Looks like a few of us aint having good luck so far!

I should have mine sorted in a few weeks, then a quick dash into the bodyshop to tidy it before the trip!

Keith

Riggy
04-04-05, 10:16 PM
sorry to hear that mate :o

hope you and keith get sorted as soon as

scott.parker
04-04-05, 10:46 PM
Fook me ol your not having much luck hey mate,well sorry i was working and could not make it,was at work till 7pm and got away from the hell hole at 8.30 tonight :? im ballsed but i think the tb's and all other goodies will be here quicker this way,but then i need to find another job so i have time to enjoy it :lol:

Scott

Stuart
04-04-05, 10:48 PM
mr dev, what do you need RE the head?

ive got 6 std inlets and exhausts for a 1.6head (and infact the head too)

if you need it just shout, just a promise of a replacement head in a few months ;)

karl Rowntree
04-04-05, 11:05 PM
I think he's got a standard head spare stu, its just that he has a fairly modded head on at the mo and the engine is mapped for it.

Though i am sure he will snap your hand off if he is in need of any bits :wink:

dhdev (Oli)
05-04-05, 07:53 AM
cheers for the offer stu! i got halfway thru stripping the head off last nite, but rain stopped play. as soon as i get it off and assess the damage i'll report bk and may come begging, cheers again!!!

Stuart
05-04-05, 07:58 AM
no probs, i say it has 6 of each valve as i bought it missing a cylinders worth ages ago lol.

dhdev (Oli)
05-04-05, 08:07 AM
lol!
if mines done the pistons then i'm gonna have to wait anyway, so i'm spending my time sat with my fingers crossed and touching wood :!: at the mo.