PDA

View Full Version : engine mounts

intergraleevo
01-04-05, 11:48 PM
im after some new engine mounts for vauxhall nova 1.3.
its an autograsser, im reshelling it, but ive used a diesel shell, and they dont have the right bit welded on to the inner wing for the upper mount, so im going to have to make one.

does anyone know where i can look at prices of performance engine mounts (poly) and standard? - this is all 3 mounts, rear, upper left, and lower right (transmission mount)

thanks,

chris

Riggy
02-04-05, 12:03 AM
you need to cut the diesel mount of and weld a normal nova mount on as they are differernt

as for performance mounts there are ?150 ish and can get the from places such as tas , pro tec etc etc

-tucny-
03-04-05, 01:18 AM
i assume your talking about the chassis mounts? i cut mine off and tried to get another as i damaged the old one. i tried my local vauxhall garage to see if they sold these and i was told that they come already spot welded to the chassis leg repair panel which wasnt cheap. so i made one out of 3mm galv and got my fabricators to put the bends in. it only took 20 mins or so and cost me ?10. iv bolted this back on to the chassis leg as i didnt trust my welding n it appears to be alot stonger than the old one.

intergraleevo
03-04-05, 02:47 PM
i cut the mount off the old shell, complete with the part of the chassis leg it was attached to.
Think i might grind down the chassis leg bit of it until its square enough to sit on the new shell nicely.
Other option is to drill the spot welds out, and then Id be left with three pieces - chassis, chassis to mount plate, and the mounting housing.
But they are big spot welds, might make too much mess drilling it out.
THe nova is on the back burner for a few weeks now, so plenty of time to decide all your ideas!

Thanks for your help,

Chris