PDA

View Full Version : Got my nice new Audiobahn comps today

tom_beverley
01-04-05, 07:55 PM
Got them sent over from the good ol' USA for ?60 including shippin, took a while to get here and I hope they're worth the wait, just have to get them wired up :lol:

200 watts RMS so should be nice and loud, and knowing Audiobahn should be excellent quality. Theres crossovers, tweeters etc so they'll go nicely in my Quad Door Pods that have been collecting dust lol.

I had a look in a few UK shops to get a price for them over here, couldn't find any, but found some similar spec Audiobahns for over ?200! :o

Might buy a few sets in the future and sell them on......... :wink:

Jack
02-04-05, 01:56 PM
Where did you get it from, and how much was the shipping?

Did you have any issues with customs? I'm thinking of importing some wheels from the US, but worried I'll have problems getting them thru customs, mate of mine had some trouble when he bought a HU frrom the US, had to pay some fees for something or other :?...

Nick
02-04-05, 02:22 PM
jack, you usually have to pay Import Tax, which roughly makes the total price about the same as the UK

I used to order CD's from CDnow.com, which was american.

they presented you with import tax when the man came to your door to deliver them, if you didn't pay the import tax, then you didn't get your cd's, and you'd allready paid the cheap price for them.

he said , if you ordered 1, then they usually couldn't be bothered doing the paperwork for it, but i once ordered about ?100's worth, and it ended up costing me about as much as going to a UK shop and buying them.

tom_beverley
02-04-05, 05:14 PM
Worked out to ?65 in total, $80 for the speakers and $40 for the shipping. I didb't have to pay import tax since I had them shipped as a gift

There is a way around paying import tax and that is to get the seller to mark the item as a gift. (Since nobody wants to be paying tax on a birthday pressie :wink: ). Sometimes the seller won't do this as it costs more I think.

When I bought my door poppers I had to pay import tax on them but it still worked out cheaper than the UK equivalent.

Ste_Nova
02-04-05, 05:53 PM
classic car parts also avoid tax

tom_beverley
02-04-05, 07:36 PM
There we go, they look mint if you ask me :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v147/tom_beverley/AudiobahnDUB600C001.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v147/tom_beverley/AudiobahnDUB600C002.jpg

Just need to sort the tweeter mounts and wire them up now. Never done crossovers before so I'm a bit stuck on those :?