PDA

View Full Version : e/l window wiring loom

novaexplod
01-04-05, 05:26 PM
ne1 eva made there own loom from scratch? cos ive got the nova switches and motors but no loom for them and im findin it hard to find one and places that do have them r chargin 25 quid wen there worth about a fiver.so if ne1 has a diagram etc that would be helpful
cheers

Ste_Nova
01-04-05, 05:30 PM
it's all in the haynes

it's all 2 core wire so just use mains flex

dandan
01-04-05, 08:53 PM
I made mine up like this (mk2 switches):

Fused switched live from fusebox to both switches (should be a spare)
Earth for both switches
Then run 2 cables to each motor from the switches, one for up, one for down. You can use different coloured cable to identify the circuit like I did or just use the old trial and error method to figure out which one does what.

The mk1 switches are slightly different and have 5 pin connector with a "split" earth at the switch.

Hope this helps :wink:

novaexplod
02-04-05, 11:25 AM
ive checked through the haynes and so far ive got 2 wires runnin to each motor one for up n one for down but i cant understand which wire is which on the switches connectors.

ive got my prediction

1 = green and grey = up or down wire to motor???
2 = white = other up or down wire to motor??
3 = no wire
4 = brown = earth??
5 = blue and red = live??

are my predictions rite?

i checked the haynes diagram which wasnt that clear plus my eyes arent briliant neway lol.

also where did you earth your switches 2?? and how do you run a fused live to your fusebox?? (i think the spare fuse number is 11, which is the 1 used for e/l windows in gsi's etc?)
cheers for ur help

dandan
02-04-05, 05:32 PM
Mk1 switches

pin1=blue
pin2=yellow
pin3=brown
pin4=black
pin5=brown

Mk2 switches

pin1=yellow
pin2=blue
pin3=black
pin4=brown
(thanks burgo stole it from your help to dan hipgrave :wink: )

Ran the cable from the fuse box behind the carpet in the footwell then down the centre of the car under the centre console(had the interior stripped at the time so was pretty easy for me) and earthed it on the screw that holds the centre console in place (this is pretty fiddly so you might wanna make your own earthing point somewhere more convenient)

Hope this answers all your questions. If not just give us a shout :+:

Ste_Nova
02-04-05, 05:46 PM
earth is here
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/K368ARO/P9300009.jpg

live is black here
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/K368ARO/P9300004.jpg

novaexplod
02-04-05, 06:01 PM
cheers for the pics ste i understand the earth and lives now. dandan ur mk2 switch colours dont make sense??

neway ive managed to wire it n get the motor workin and got it riveted in cept now it wont close fully its about 4 inches off the top and wen i press down the window hits the bottom of the door and if i took it furthur the window wud probably break??
ne suggestion please?

dandan
03-04-05, 03:32 AM
cheers for the pics ste i understand the earth and lives now. dandan ur mk2 switch colours dont make sense???

(thanks burgo stole it from your help to dan hipgrave )

But anyway..............

novaexplod
03-04-05, 02:02 PM
i dont understand wot ya mean?? its just that the colours dont match my switch colours?

Ste_Nova
03-04-05, 05:55 PM
too low and not high enough = wrong rivit holes!

dandan
04-04-05, 12:09 AM
i dont understand wot ya mean?? its just that the colours dont match my switch colours?

Probably. Live (black) and earth (brown) are pretty much universal. The feeds maybe a different colour to what was posted (I posted up the info that had been put up by someone else in a different thread). There might be a slight variation also for left and right. I only had the switches and the motors with no loom and so had to make a complete new one and my cabling doesnt represent the same colours as the manual! Still it sounds like you've sorted that side of things now and have bigger probs. Concentrate on that

Aragorn
04-04-05, 11:00 AM
pin 3 gets live
pin 4 gets earth

with just those connected the light should come on

pin 1 and 5 are the motor outputs

i'll have a look at mine today to see what wire colors run from the switch loom plug to the switches themselves as im sure there is a white wire and possibly a yellow wire on mine

novaexplod
04-04-05, 06:01 PM
by guessing i got it workin it turned out to be

white = live
brown = earth
green and grey = up
red and blue = down

n my other problem turns out that ive got 2 drivers side motors lmao took me bout 2 hours to realise. :lol:

novaexplod
09-04-05, 05:59 PM
with the live from the fusebox is it a constant live? wont i need an ignition live for the switches???

Aragorn
09-04-05, 09:45 PM
the black wire ste pointed out is ignition live

the red wire above it is permenant live

i have my electrics on permenant live so i can put them up and down without having the keys in the ignition