PDA

View Full Version : Rear Drums

LukeManic
31-03-05, 06:47 PM
Lo guys, need your help plz. Ive just come in from painting my rear drums. Now I used a tin of caliper paint and a brush, but the finish aint perfect so im not happy with it :( . Going to rub it down 2morow and go to plan B. Which is where you lot come, I was thinking of getting a new set of drums from vauxhall or somewhere on the net and then gettin them sprayed so they are a nice finish. Do any of u know where on the net I can purchase a set of nova drums and also any experience or advice on this subject would be great.

thanks.

notenuffhoursintheday
31-03-05, 07:50 PM
why dont u get a another set of drums as u say then get them powder coated :D bit of shame coz my last place i worked they had a proper powder coating machine the lot :D nad lots of diff colours hehe wish i stayed

nathan.
31-03-05, 07:54 PM
well i found the paint dosen't last long on the drum. it flakes off and changes colour due to the heat through the brake. i just use hammerite on mine.

epo
31-03-05, 07:58 PM
well i found the paint dosen't last long on the drum. it flames off and changes colour due to the heat through the brake. i just use hammerite on mine.

ditto

LukeManic
31-03-05, 08:23 PM
ok so, hammerite sticks then? Any kind of hammerite?

Riggy
31-03-05, 11:00 PM
if you do get new drums as a guide i got a price on some the other day and they were ?27 each :lol:

Chris
31-03-05, 11:20 PM
?27 each but then you need new bearing for each side. Just buy the smooth hammerite, has worked fine for me in the past

Chris

Riggy
31-03-05, 11:22 PM
or fit rear discs :wink:

gazmorgan1985
01-04-05, 12:32 AM
if you used hammerite, can you normal paint over that???

johnny27
03-04-05, 11:04 PM
I used red brush on heat resistant engine lacquer on mine, good gloss from it and has not probs flaking or changing colour with the heat.