PDA

View Full Version : Halfords

jatinder
14-06-02, 12:10 PM
Dont go there i ordered my mongosse exhaust there 2 weeks ago on a tuesday i was assured it would arrive on the friday and the would phone me for fitting dates. hadent heard anything on friday so i phoned on the next wednesday and i was told it would arrive that friday, I phoned on friday only to be told that theyed ordered the wrong one one for a gte not an sri. I then phoned them this monday and was told it would arrive on thursday. and they aranged a time for fitting which i specificly said 12o clock as i had work at 2. They phoned me on thursday and said it was here so i came in today only to be told my time was for 2 o clock not 12 o clock so i have to wait again and get it fitted nex tues there totally c**p and in future i wont go to them to get anything done. there in chingford. I only got it fitted by them coz it was 20 quid and the lifetime garuntee still apllies.

http://www.novabug.co.uk/FeatureCars/Jatinder.html

ade
14-06-02, 01:23 PM
Muppets. Had issue with halfords in Edinburgh about 5 yrs ago - when fitting me stereo/changing me ariel, they dented my front drivers arch and chipped paint down to metal - denied they did it but it was blatantly obvious they did - complained and got fitting charge knocked off but they wouldnt reimburse for respray of wing when I gave them the quote a week later! on another note however the ones near me in Glasgow seem to be fine for basic bits n bobs.
Ade

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotamy!

?Marty?
14-06-02, 10:59 PM
It's not Halfords that's crap, but the people and their attitudes. some of them should never have got jobs there coz they know fuck all and don't give a shit about customer service.

Nova1.6
24-06-02, 11:39 AM
Personal i dont like halfords, the way i see it is that sum of the guys(kids, talking about this fat fvcker that works at one in sheffield) that work they just want a saturday job and dont know anything, so they have to find someone else in the store that does know what there talking about.
Because they have hundreds of stores they need to keep prices up to pay for the runnig of the stores and wages.
Personal i'd prefure to go to a shop where thats the only shop they've got and staff that know what there talking about and the guy you talk to will be the guy that caries out the work on your car, and they know everything about what they sell. The person to person sales it alot better then the big branch stores like halfords.
Just a thought.
Neil

Ste_Nova
24-06-02, 11:49 AM
Phil G works in halfords/ripspeed in chester :roll: