PDA

View Full Version : Lightnend and balanced flywhell

Clutch
31-03-05, 02:07 PM
Did you notice a big diference with this? Is a lot quicker or just a little?

Philsutton
31-03-05, 05:07 PM
not a big difference, just the engine revs up better. Then again ive not had loads taken off mine

Dar
31-03-05, 05:20 PM
A lightned flywheel will give you better engine response (it gets rid of rotational mass, freeing up hp) i.e. the revs will build quicker and drop quicker. Your car should also accelerate quicker as well.

I cannot tell you how much it improves the car though. Also the ammount the flywheel is lightened will determine the results i.e. lightened a bit will probably be slightly noticable whereas if its lightened alot then you will see a big improvement.

I hope this helps - I think its a bit vague but, as with alot of the mods I have done I didn't drive the car BEFORE I had it done.

Also you may need to up your idle speed when you fit a lightened flywheel.

Philsutton
31-03-05, 05:23 PM
Also you may need to up your idle speed when you fit a lightened flywheel.

mine ticks over at 500rpm, think i might have to sort that out lol

Dar
31-03-05, 05:33 PM
wow - thats low! lol - Mine idles at around 1100rpm or so. Im not 100% sure because the rev counter is about as much use as a choclate teapot!

Clutch
01-04-05, 08:24 AM
I?m just waiting for my car is doing that at this moment. I hope a good improvement because on 24 of april is the drag racing and i want 1 of the first 10 places.

Cheers mates

You know before i send my car into the mecanic i have put a complete exhaust system and for the budget is not a very big diference to the original one.