PDA

View Full Version : in need of a good excuse

Glytch
31-03-05, 11:48 AM
I forgot to sign on at the job centre yesterday and need a good excuse.
theyre beeing real winkers and they aint gonna let it slip this time.

so far ive come up with a story about my car breaking down on the other side of the country, just seems a little convenient thats all.

Any one got any better ideas?
The more imaginative the better :)

SRimon
31-03-05, 11:53 AM
your rabbit died

coxie
31-03-05, 11:58 AM
runnin late n car broke down works for me ;)

Jack
31-03-05, 11:58 AM
It was against your religious beliefs to turn up on that day :lol:

boredbloke
31-03-05, 01:11 PM
U had unprotected sex the night before and was worried that u could have been pregnant so u queued up for 8hours waiting for the morning-after pill

:?:

Chris
31-03-05, 01:13 PM
How about "I was trying to get a job", or will they realise that it would be a lie too?

Get a job

ANDYRACER
31-03-05, 01:59 PM
Yeah Chris is right get a job.

But Boreblokes is a good one.

Jack
31-03-05, 02:41 PM
"Sorry I'm late, I was having sex" worked for me a couple of times when I was at college...

My local job centre is crap. I remember going there a few times after I left college (I was 22 and just finished an HNC CIT) and all they wanted to do was farm me off onto Screwfix with all the other chavs - most of which took about half an hour to fill out a form asking for their name, address and grades... (the last section usually being left blank)

ANDYRACER
31-03-05, 03:01 PM
Whats the last section qualifications and criminal history? :lol:

Dod
31-03-05, 06:35 PM
Try... "Was offered a threesome with 2 fit women, how could i turn that down?", or "the dog ate it". I know it doesn't make sence but we used it at school all the time, and it usually worked, well....

Stuart
31-03-05, 06:50 PM
or how about tell the truth, taht you forgot.

ok slapped wrist but it saves you looking like a total bellend by making something up and they KNOW you will be lying

Spud
31-03-05, 06:57 PM
why not just go round town applying for a job everywhere? somewheres bound to be looking for people

Mike.
31-03-05, 07:05 PM
just go to your local conextions job centre tell them what you want to do and they'll find something for you, it works trust me

or iff you forgot to sign on you can't really be bothered, can you?

NovaloadedAgain
31-03-05, 07:06 PM
I had to go there today, They are a complete bunch of w*nkers, There arrogant & couldnt give a sh*t if you was workin anyway. Hate that place. I was almost late as my missus flooded a twin carb engine! how she couldnt get the car started is beyond me! But then again it is a woman!
When I came home I tried it first time with a few pushes of the pedal & it started. Complete tw*t! That was the truth & they didnt like that, Only 7 mins late.

Best tell em a lie-They dont care anyway.

Glytch
01-04-05, 10:08 AM
Cheers for the advice people but I already know that I need a job.
Trust me Im trying to find a job.
I got a part time job teaching IT in the college but it dont exactly pay the bills.

Its just living in north wales, it aint exactly silicon valley.
Finding a job in Web design aint exactly easy.

Plus Im in college two days of the week.
I have to pick my son up for three o clock on the other three weekdays that kinda limits the amount of time that Im available for work and doesnt make me very employable.

Reckon I will just tell them the truth, I cant be assed ckufing about.
THey'll probably stop my money but for ?40 who gives a...

Will
01-04-05, 12:07 PM
its only ?44 a week that doesnt pay the bills either

get temping

or stack shelves at tesco at least u will be on ?180 a week that way.....................