PDA

View Full Version : changine from c20xe to c20let?

doug_sri
29-03-05, 11:56 PM
I am wanting a bit more power and had thought about throttle boddies or twin 45s but for the money involved i thought i might be better going for a c20let. The nova currently has a full c20xe conversion kit fitted but dont know where from or anything about it since i never did the conversion. What extra stuff will i need to stick a c20let engine in?

Aragorn
30-03-05, 01:06 AM
fitting the F28 is the only challenging bit

and dont bother fitting it with an F20 - you'll only blow it up in two weeks time

rest of the engine goes in the same as an XE but u need to move the rad forward a bit to clear the turbo

tbh i'd rather have a 200bhp throttlebodied XE than a standard LET

the TB'd xe would be nicer to drive and be a lot more predicatble unlike the let which has the added worry of it boosting at the wrong time and u ending up stuck in a tree plus the tb'd xe would be faster than a let unless the let was pushing over 250bhp

doug_sri
30-03-05, 09:19 AM
so how much money would i be looking to spend to get 200bhp from my xe? i can fit everything.

m.d.
30-03-05, 10:03 AM
id get a tbd xe too. much more reliable too. and as said will be faster than a standard let due to the power delivery. 2k for the jenvy 200 bhp kit that will have everything you need to chase those m3s lol

Dar
30-03-05, 10:11 AM
I have the TP208 kit (Tapered Jenvy TB's) and it is a breeze to fit!
The hardest part is taking the old injection system off.

Lee H
30-03-05, 10:58 AM
I must be the only one who thinks a standard LET would beat a TB'd XE then but you don't see TB'd XE's doing sub 14's on the 1/4, several standard let Nova's have managed that though :roll:

Dar
30-03-05, 12:23 PM
I don't think its about whats 'faster' because a LET can be made to produce alot not BHP than an XE.

However a XE on TB's or twin 45's will be alot more driveable than a LET because of the power delivery. Not that I have had any experiance of Nova's running a LET but I do have experiance when it comes to turbo powered cars.

However I thought the point of this thread was to give advice to doug_sri who wants a bit more power from his car that is currently running a standard XE (I think its standard). On this point I agree with the others that a XE on throttle bodies would be a better choice and also alot less work!

But that's just what I think. If you don't agree then put up reasons why the LET would be a better choice etc and then doug_sri will be more fully informed and better placed to make his decision.

Philsutton
30-03-05, 01:09 PM
there are quite a few xe's that have made the sub 14s 1/4 mile, ive only had one run in my new set up with the twin 45s an i got 14.3 and there was room for improvement there. I shal be hoping to get it in to the 13s this year.

Id also go the route of tuning the xe, the turbos are quite expensive to get hold of as well.

Jack
30-03-05, 03:23 PM
Id also go the route of tuning the xe, the turbos are quite expensive to get hold of as well.
For the price of buying a decent LET you could buy and install some lovely big carbs 8)

And of course with a turbo you'll have lag to sort out, where as the XE will have the power all there

Chris S
07-04-05, 09:31 PM
fitting the F28 is the only challenging bit

and dont bother fitting it with an F20 - you'll only blow it up in two weeks time

rest of the engine goes in the same as an XE but u need to move the rad forward a bit to clear the turbo

tbh i'd rather have a 200bhp throttlebodied XE than a standard LET

the TB'd xe would be nicer to drive and be a lot more predicatble unlike the let which has the added worry of it boosting at the wrong time and u ending up stuck in a tree plus the tb'd xe would be faster than a let unless the let was pushing over 250bhp

if u say an F20 is not a good idea on a standard LET (200bhp)
wots he going to do with a 200 bhp XE?????

Lee H
08-04-05, 08:59 AM
Its the torque that kills the box, no XE is ever going to have the torque of a LET.

Austin_Nova16
08-04-05, 10:33 AM
I must be the only one who thinks a standard LET would beat a TB'd XE then but you don't see TB'd XE's doing sub 14's on the 1/4, several standard let Nova's have managed that though

My xe nova got in the 13's. All its got is an old set of 45's on it. No LSD or anything....

NickWalliams
08-04-05, 12:55 PM
Go for it and get a turbo!

:lol:

Fcuk spending 2k on throttle bodies :o

If you use your car for everyday purposes then it makes sense to have a standard engine, less costly.

I have been told that you can run a standard let on a F20 and all should be fine as long as you dont go givin it death all the time.

8)

-Bruce-
08-04-05, 01:08 PM
I have been told that you can run a standard let on a F20 and all should be fine as long as you dont go givin it death all the time.

8)

But when you fit a LEt your hardly just wanting to be going to the shops and back!! Your going to be giving it abit of the right foot. So it makes sense not to fit a box that cant cope with it!!

Bruce

NickWalliams
08-04-05, 01:19 PM
Depends on the person if you drive everywhere like a **** then you shouldnt have a nova turbo in the first place.

8)

Chris S
08-04-05, 06:20 PM
Depends on the person if you drive everywhere like a c**t then you shouldnt have a nova turbo in the first place.

8)
i dont drive everywhere like a ****, but i do give it some. its wot its built for.
every open bit of road thats safe it gets booted