PDA

View Full Version : Slammed!

krobinson
29-03-05, 02:16 PM
In the effort to get the Nova as low as possible, i purchased some FK Coilovers, however, even with the rear axel adjuster removed, it wasnt low enought. It sat about -70mm before, so i got 30mm taken off the springs by www.coilsprings.co.uk. They did a superb job, and even powder coated them:)

Springs not much bigger than my little Nokia, sporting a rude pic!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/keithrobinson/railled2.jpg

And how it sits before they even get a chance to settle in :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/keithrobinson/railled.jpg

RAILED :)

Keith

TWAG
29-03-05, 02:53 PM
What do you think of the fk coilovers? Im thinking about getting some at the moment.

I brought some -70mm springs from coilspring but havnt fitted them yet.

I take the spring platforms only make the car higher?

peester
29-03-05, 02:58 PM
u jammy shite; all done properly too. lucky barstard. neee fair. :evil:
i fookin luv it.

dan-hipgrave
29-03-05, 03:09 PM
Looking very nice mate. I was thinking of getting FK coilovers as well because they do the budget kit, but ive heard you need 10mm spacers with these :|

peester
29-03-05, 03:22 PM
Looking very nice mate. I was thinking of getting FK coilovers as well because they do the budget kit, but ive heard you need 10mm spacers with these :|

yeah ya do, sort of - keiths done sum sort of jegery pokery and he just clears it..

dan-hipgrave
29-03-05, 03:24 PM

yeah ya do, sort of - keiths done sum sort of jegery pokery and he just clears it..

Aah cheers mate.

What ya done to clear it then Keith???

krobinson
29-03-05, 03:38 PM
If you have speedlines, they will catch the coilovers.

Basically at the bottom of the strut, theres the two holes for the bolt to go into the knuckle. The top bolt on them is oval, allowing you to adjust camber by loosening the bolt and pulling the knuckle out. With this done the camber is pushing the top of the wheel out past the arch, and the car wouldnt drive right at all.

So i then bought some protec adjustable eccentric top mounts, and used these to pull the top of the strut back in. giving me good negitive camber, and i can have it nice and low.

The tyre is about half a mm from the coilover now, just enough :)

The rear FK shocks are very short, so it has about 3-4cm of travel left, so it shouldnt be too harsh and tail happy :)

Keith

dan-hipgrave
29-03-05, 03:41 PM
Cheers mate :D

Was it all in the offset of the wheels then? ET45 be ok?

krobinson
29-03-05, 03:47 PM
Not sure what it would be like with other wheels. Speedlines are ET 49, so sit in away from the arch, so they dont scobe on them. But sit in tight to shocks etc. I'd say with other wheels you may get away with it.

I'd recomend the FK's, my car sits lower than a friends corsa, and he cant believe how much more comfortable mine is!

Keith

dan_mk1
29-03-05, 04:30 PM
Mint! Looks awesome mate, get some proper pics tho...

Mitchybee
29-03-05, 04:40 PM
Looks pretty fucking low dude, get some better pics up. I love your car so much

Jim
29-03-05, 05:57 PM
Hmm, I've got some shortened springs already, just need some better shocks. I assume you bought the budget kit Keith? If so, I may have to consider this kit at some point. It would be nice to have coilovers all round, but I can't afford it at the moment. I'll speak to you later on MSN.

"Looking Good" :lol:

Jim

Matt Nova
29-03-05, 06:04 PM
nice one mate shes one low mother hubbard

elsey197
29-03-05, 06:13 PM
Looks sweet Keith, i just bought some fk highsport coilovers for my golf, should get them this week :lol:

Nova-Flair
29-03-05, 06:19 PM
looking good! nice set of baps on your phone as well :wink: :P

General Baxter
29-03-05, 06:32 PM
lol

mine sits lower than that with a 60mm drop :lol:

i might have to get a 70+ drop :D

ANDYRACER
29-03-05, 07:32 PM
lol

Or put some more ice in ur car. :lol:

burgo
29-03-05, 07:39 PM
proper job

krobinson
29-03-05, 07:45 PM
Hmm, I've got some shortened springs already, just need some better shocks. I assume you bought the budget kit Keith? If so, I may have to consider this kit at some point. It would be nice to have coilovers all round, but I can't afford it at the moment. I'll speak to you later on MSN.

"Looking Good" :lol:

Jim

Jim, its the FK Highsport kit. The more expensive kit used the same coilovers and springs, but the internals of the shocks are made by Koni, so are adjustable.

lol

Thats funny, from all your pics it certainly doesnt come close!

http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/2254big5.jpg

And you have about 8 stone of ice!

Keith

General Baxter
29-03-05, 07:47 PM
spension: apex shox with 60mm drop on the front and 40mm on the back

Will
29-03-05, 08:07 PM
good stuff keith

baxter have you ever driven any of your cars? they are forever on your driveway?

i know i cant talk but still :o

General Baxter
29-03-05, 08:09 PM
baxter have you ever driven any of your cars? they are forever on your driveway?

well i will do when the manifolds come back from garret :wink:

krobinson
29-03-05, 08:14 PM
spension: apex shox with 60mm drop on the front and 40mm on the back

You said yours is as low as mine, when from the pics it obviously doesnt even come close, even with all your ice! I didnt argue yours wasnt down 60mm.

Keith

Riggy
29-03-05, 08:18 PM
looks really nice keith cant wait to see this car in the flesh :lol:

karl Rowntree
29-03-05, 09:17 PM
looking good Keith :wink: Hope it doesnt rain on the way over to Germany though, it looks mint under those arches! Oh well not for long hey mate atleast your not scaired of using it.

How does the kit feel? Has it changed the handling for the better? Oh and whats the cost if you dont mind me asking mate.

Karl

Chris_W
29-03-05, 10:35 PM
question is with it that low, will it actually have much suspension travel? I know your car is more about show than go, but what price on crap handling?

Chris

krobinson
30-03-05, 07:20 PM
looking good Keith :wink: Hope it doesnt rain on the way over to Germany though, it looks mint under those arches! Oh well not for long hey mate atleast your not scaired of using it.

How does the kit feel? Has it changed the handling for the better? Oh and whats the cost if you dont mind me asking mate.

Karl

Karl, it will be pigging under there in a few weeks lol

I havent driven it that low but the kit overall feels great. Handles superb, and is much more comfortable that my old shocks and springs setup. I feels less harsh when you hit a bad bump, and on decent road it feels like it isnt lowered (almost)

I got the kit for ?300 as a favour, tryed to get Mart a kit at the same time, but the bloke would only get me the 1. The kit retails at around ?500.

Keith

Ian_Gsi16v
30-03-05, 08:10 PM
Looks spot on Keith, very similar setup to my Corsa, FK Highsports with custom rears

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/IanGsi16v/Corsalow.jpg

If you havent driven it yet then you may find that when you hit a bump (i.e pebble lol) that the tyre hits the top of the inner arch...

My cars currently going through a similar thing that yours did, repaint and alot of new parts...

Im planning on curing the arch problem with smaller tyres and uprated bushes on the back, what tyres are you running?

See ya at PV (if we can get in :lol: )

krobinson
30-03-05, 08:31 PM
question is with it that low, will it actually have much suspension travel? I know your car is more about show than go, but what price on crap handling?

Chris

Karl Runs his this low at rear and his handles very well, you had a run in it didnt you?

Keith

Dod
30-03-05, 08:44 PM
?500's not bad for that kit mate, where abouts you get it Keith, if i ever get mine to run right, i'll be getting a set to!

Stuart
30-03-05, 08:48 PM
there are a few peopl on mig and on here trying to sell the non rate adjustable FK setup for ?300ish

your call i guess lol

krobinson
30-03-05, 08:51 PM
I got mine split new from a supplier for ?300. They cost ?500 new in shops. But ?300 second hand is still a good price!

Pulled out of garage, ready to get trailered down to steven to sort engine.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/keithrobinson/slammmeddnova.jpg

The front has gone a tad higher for some reason, so i'll have to screw it back down when i get it back.

Keith

Ian_Gsi16v
30-03-05, 09:34 PM
The front has gone a tad higher for some reason, so i'll have to screw it back down when i get it back.

Keith

Cos the back has gone lower it will pull the front up

kevster
30-03-05, 09:37 PM
likeing it a lot still mate 8)

Riggy
30-03-05, 10:10 PM
gorgeous keith :lol:

elsey197
30-03-05, 10:11 PM
Why does it need trailoring mate, whats up with the engine?

krobinson
30-03-05, 10:38 PM
Bit of bad luck mate

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=1988068

Keith

elsey197
30-03-05, 10:42 PM
:? Hope there isn't too much damage fella, looks sweet with that drop, cant wait to get mine

peester
31-03-05, 12:26 AM
I got mine split new from a supplier for ?300. They cost ?500 new in shops. But ?300 second hand is still a good price!
jammy shite.. trade price... :evil: :D

Pulled out of garage, ready to get trailered down to steven to sort engine.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/keithrobinson/slammmeddnova.jpg

jammy shite.. cleaner than a mofo... :D

lol@ the cleaness of drive, houses, sky, camera lense.. :D

scott.parker
31-03-05, 01:16 AM
good on you dude i might still go a bit lower though mine feel quite good as they are at the mo..

Shame about the bolt in the carb :? hope its ok mate..

Scott

Mitchybee
31-03-05, 02:29 AM
where did you get your mudflaps from? are they corsa b ones modifyied to fit?

nova---chris
31-03-05, 03:50 AM
http://www.chrisuk22.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/pics/2.JPG

Nice and low does it! :) thats with a stripped out rear end also.
sow ith seats and stuff in im sure it would have been a tad more lower lol.
At one stage it did get to low and the inner arches told the story!

Looking nice tho keith. Keep up the good work!!! really neat/clean car you have.

SRimon
31-03-05, 11:52 AM
Loving it keith...

lowest nova i had was my blue SR, only lowered on Pi springs, but it was low as hell!

novamadcars
31-03-05, 12:24 PM
wow realy low i like it m8 also like the tittys on ya fone lol

coxie
31-03-05, 12:29 PM
lookin great that mate ;) very nice job on the drop