PDA

View Full Version : 60mm slamming!

boredbloke
29-03-05, 01:03 PM
lol couldn't help saying slamming!

anyway

any one else find that the car feels every single nook and crankie in the road once it's dropped this far?

trouble i don't want to put it back due to the fact it looks cool!

peester
29-03-05, 01:56 PM
:roll: i think its dead wierd how the sky is blue. so there.

erm yes; 30% stiffened springs and/or shocks are going to feel every bump in the road - designed for speed, not comfort. its all good mate.

NovaloadedAgain
29-03-05, 02:30 PM
Yeah take your time also to get used to the handling-as it will be very scary round bends at speed if your not used to it.

Glad to see your cars not so much of a monster truck! Lol. now Mr Low rider, be careful of raised manholes round Croydon too!

Philsutton
29-03-05, 02:33 PM
you'll probably find it'll make you drive slower on these crap roads of ours as your car will end up bouncing all over the place an will spend 50% of its time not even touching the road.

NovaloadedAgain
29-03-05, 02:40 PM
Lol, Have to agree mate, I think my tyres are still practically new as they spend very little time on the road round here. & the speed bumps are horendous! Its like dukes of hazard over the bridge! :o

ANDYRACER
29-03-05, 04:53 PM
you'll probably find it'll make you drive slower on these crap roads of ours as your car will end up bouncing all over the place an will spend 50% of its time not even touching the road.

I know what u mean its really scary when the car skips in the air even tho its only a split sec. time stands still.

Mitchybee
29-03-05, 04:56 PM
Get some pictures up matey, try having a 60mm drop with completly fucked shocks, thats even scarier...

boredbloke
29-03-05, 09:26 PM
Wham!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/bwareofblade/Image435.jpg

I do love it dropped! feels more like a go kart than a car! lol!

here's as it was before (taken at a angle that made it look alot lower than it was lol!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/bwareofblade/Image425.jpg

dan-hipgrave
29-03-05, 09:29 PM
aah good old 5doors still miles of arch clearance even when they've been lowered - my old one was lowered 40mm all round and no one believed me cos it was so high lol

shy witness
29-03-05, 10:05 PM
ive mine lowered 60mm with the whole gmax kit- shox n all- and fuk its all over the show on our local roads-- but so wot- sure it looks gr8 slammed on the deck where it needs 2 b ha ha---- itd probably b better suited 2 the track but sure u cant have it every way can u?????????????

boredbloke
29-03-05, 10:08 PM
I love my 5 door!

nice to be different I'm thinking about gettin a set of 16"the same as mine, bit like mr sutton's but i'll keep em in silver as they look sweet!

smithy87
29-03-05, 10:15 PM
Wham!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/bwareofblade/Image435.jpg

I do love it dropped! feels more like a go kart than a car! lol!

here's as it was before (taken at a angle that made it look alot lower than it was lol!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/bwareofblade/Image425.jpg

Mint mate, stunner!

Mine would have looked like that within the next month, only a tw*t in a Zafira decided not to give way to me on a roundabout. Passenger side wing f**cked, ?250 repair!

Two minters like ours would look great @ meets 8)

Philsutton
29-03-05, 10:20 PM
on the subject of 5 doors here mine an its nice drop, bit moer than 60 though :D
http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/1995big2.jpg

boredbloke
29-03-05, 10:34 PM
Phil ur a god!

if i dropped car 100mm I would'nt get further than 12 metres in either direction form my house!

I do love ur car though! have u still got it?

Philsutton
29-03-05, 10:45 PM
still got it, but its running higher now, oh the 5 door will rub when its that low

boredbloke
29-03-05, 10:50 PM
I had to put a couple of spcaers on mine to make em sit flush at the back cos they were rubbing on the casing of the shock quite bad

sit nice now though

I was tempted to do mine up very similar to yours as i really like it i only saw it for the first time a couple of days ago never thought to look before :roll:

ANDYRACER
30-03-05, 12:09 AM
Phil i love ur car and the exhausts look quality but not keen on the spolier.

Philsutton
30-03-05, 01:11 PM
i currently have neither on my car, some dick tried to steal my spoiler an ive got single exhaust for noise level reasons now

dan-hipgrave
30-03-05, 02:04 PM
I think i currently own the lowest 5door on here :lol:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v73/dan-hipgrave/slammed.jpg

Thats on 13's. The exhaust is literally about 2cm from the ground lol

ANDYRACER
30-03-05, 03:03 PM
Y is it so low are u using it as a mobile shed? I used my old sr as a shed for a bit when it did go the scrap yard i had no where to put half the stuff that was in there :lol:

dan-hipgrave
30-03-05, 03:05 PM
Lol no not a mobile shed, but thats not a bad idea :idea:

Ive sold the 40mm GMAX springs so its just got dampers on the rear, looks well sweet :lol:

Jack
30-03-05, 03:33 PM
ive mine lowered 60mm with the whole gmax kit- shox n all- and fuk its all over the show on our local roads-- but so wot- sure it looks gr8 slammed on the deck where it needs 2 b ha ha
Remind me to get off the road when you're about then...

My old hatch was -60mm front and -50mm rear (with 60mm the rim was on the arch lmfao) with 7x15" Oz Exclusive (ltd edition btw :wink:) on et38.... that could be a bitch at times, mainly due to duff offset. Wouldn't have said it was hard to handle though. Nowhere near as pissy for going where IT wanted to go as a certain car thats (almost literally) twice as heavy, 4 wheel drive, and on 225/45/16 tyres (and soon to be 245/35/18!) :o

boredbloke
30-03-05, 07:45 PM
My offset well wrong although they fit fine with a set of small spacers! et29 I think! lol!

They're fine I miss my old wheels though! 205's were much more fun than the 195's!

Dam them being too wide!

Mike.
30-03-05, 08:24 PM
I think i currently own the lowest 5door on here :lol:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v73/dan-hipgrave/slammed.jpg

Thats on 13's. The exhaust is literally about 2cm from the ground lol

lmao thats what my old GTE looked like when the scrappy towed it away, it was so low it got stuck on the trucks ramp :lol:

dan-hipgrave
30-03-05, 08:46 PM
:o ooohh i hope the scrappy guys can fit it onto their truck, hadnt thought of that lol

Stuart
30-03-05, 08:53 PM
lol i took the springs off the front and rear of the hova while i was stripping it down, it was far too low to even be workonable lol

Mike.
30-03-05, 10:04 PM
:o ooohh i hope the scrappy guys can fit it onto their truck, hadnt thought of that lol

iff they turn up with a flat bed truck with a ramp make sure they have a good winch lol :lol:

ANDYRACER
31-03-05, 02:27 PM
When my mate stripped his 1.2 we took the rear axle off and the steering rack and then jacked the car up and stuck the wheels under the arches. It was quite funny wen they picked it up and the wheels just stayed on the floor. The guys face was quality. :lol:

Nobby
04-04-05, 10:21 PM
foookin ell some minter 5 doors!!! cant w8 to get my 60mm springs have them awating collection from halfords!! :D

boredbloke
05-04-05, 09:00 AM
Will warn ya thoough don't come to croydon!!!!

there are so many shite roads down here, and a billion speedhumps!!!

It's a pain in the ass!!!