PDA

View Full Version : boot solenoid wiring problems

novaexplod
29-03-05, 12:58 PM
im tryin to wire a boot solenoid into the boot door to open the boot usin the max power nova book n iv fitted the solenoid but cant work out which wires goes where as its not that clear in the manual, i was gonna use the wires for the old wiper motor like the manual says..so ive got a blue wire and a black wire comin from the boot hatch itself, black seems to be live usin a tester n on the solinoid ive got a green, blue, brown,white, and black wires? ne1 no which goes where?
ne help appreciated cheers

Aragorn
29-03-05, 06:59 PM
well u should have the two wires going to the wiper motor as u say however its not ideal

the solenoid triggers are green and blue and connecting the wires one way will push and the other way will pull the solenoid

u want it setup in the push direction but make sure its only momentary as if its constantly supplying the solenoid power u will burn it out

novaexplod
29-03-05, 07:07 PM
so basically your sayin the black and blue wires comin from the car itself go into the green and blue wires on the solenoid? which way round depends on how the solenoid works with each combination?

novaexplod
31-03-05, 12:59 PM
i believe the solenoid used in the book was a 2 way solenoid and mines a 5 way so it wont work?? ne ideas? if theres was 2 way does that not mean 2 conected wires plus and negative? where as mine shud be plus and negative, plus and negative so 4 connections?

Aragorn
31-03-05, 05:23 PM
the green and blue are the 2 wires present on the normal solenoids

the other 3 wires are used as a trigger for central locking but arent required here - just leave them to the side