PDA

View Full Version : Help with wheel

Craig_Nova
28-03-05, 11:27 PM
I went to the garage friday, he jacked my car up to have a look at the engine. He then showed me how wobbily the wheel was, he said its the bearings. A few friends of mine have said its the ball joint or the track rod ends.When im driving it makes like a tapping noise and pull to the one side, I think its only the 1 wheel. Any ideas?? Cheers[/quote]

NovaloadedAgain
29-03-05, 12:56 AM
It could be either of those suggestions, I would go with what the mechanic said, My Renault 5 turbo had that prob, Replaced the hub & bearing & it was fine after.
However its been a drive shaft on one of my other Nova's, When you go round corners a banging noise, Had to hold the clutch round corners alot!
Get it done though ASAP mate, If its a bearing the wheel & hub could actually come off!

ANDYRACER
29-03-05, 01:30 AM
Yeah it sounds like the mechanic is right novas are known for the wheel bearings going to. Dont drive around with it its dangerous get it sorted quickly.

shy witness
29-03-05, 10:20 PM
oh yes definatly replace the bearing-- itb dodgey not 2- for all the price they are and if ur on the ball its a half hour job