PDA

View Full Version : fuel restrictor

retrosi
28-03-05, 03:47 PM
i have searched for one of these for my return on my t40's but cant find one. Does anyone know where you can get them from?

Also.....

Anyone got a link to a fuel pressure regulator suitable for twins?

novax
28-03-05, 05:47 PM
you dont want a FPR with carbs - they're for injection systems. Carbs have float chambers to keep the fuel demand supplied

retrosi
28-03-05, 05:49 PM
doesnt the mech fuel pump push out something above 4psi and the carbs need 3.5 though?

Snowface
28-03-05, 05:50 PM
actually Fuel pressure regulators are almost an essential with carb's. Weber's and dellorto's require 3.5psi and 3psi respectivley.

Any more than this and you risk flooding their float chambers which is a bad move for economy and v.bad for overall engine life.

www.burtonpower.co.uk is where you wanna go look.

Filterking's work great with the mechanical pump found on 1.2's-1.4's.

Snowface
28-03-05, 05:52 PM
When i tested my mechanical pump pressure and it was pushing 6-8.5psi!!!

Way too much pressure.

retrosi
28-03-05, 05:55 PM
i thought i need a fuel pressure regulator. cheers snowface! anyone with any ideas about the restrictor?

Aragorn
28-03-05, 05:59 PM
demon tweeks or webcon should stock them

retrosi
29-03-05, 02:07 PM
found a restrictor...its a t-piece with a jet with a small diameter inserted in one of the outlets. Its used as a pressure relief after the pump[ and before the pressure regulator and is designed to prolong the life of the mechanical fuel pump. Simple but crude. I still dont understand why the sport had it fitted between the carbs?!? But who cares. Now....just a choke cable to find!?!