PDA

View Full Version : opening rear quarters?

bob
11-06-02, 12:00 AM
does anyone know if they made novas with opening rear quarter windows?-I have some SR rear window surrounds and they have some recesses for wot looks to be open rear quarter latches, astra gte style,I am gonna try searching on the continent, I was just wondering if anyone knew?-wots the betting vaux used the same mechs as on the astra gte if they did?

a car that works properly?- think Im daydreaming...

ade
11-06-02, 11:37 AM
dont think the nova had opening rear quarters as the rubber that h9olds the window in place runs on both sides of the body - youd need to do a major mod on the glass, rubber etc...

Ade

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotamy!

Freak
11-06-02, 03:56 PM
Yes they did.

Opening glass was an option in spain.
Was available clear or bronze tinted (not green unfortunately)
Glass
Seal kit
Opening catches/latches
Hinges

The bits are available from vaux- the full kit will cost you about ?160+ (unless you know which bits to nab/modify from other cars.);)

bob
11-06-02, 06:36 PM
I may try getting some,would be well good I reckon!- try n get some clear,and get some green tints done while out of car?-any ideas where to start trying to get some from? vauxhall? could they order some?

a car that works properly?- think Im daydreaming...

Freak
11-06-02, 06:58 PM
Yep
Vauxhall can get them.

will take a week or so to come through.

The part numbers are all listed on the EPC.
I have prices too.

Mai me and ill help you out bob.

mikeoxford
13-06-02, 08:21 PM
freak how much does it cost in total?

ans as someone else posted above "which bits to nab from other cars" if there was the demand - me and bob for a start :P would you nab it and put kits together!?