PDA

View Full Version : whats faster

dabow
28-03-05, 11:09 AM
whats faster novas or corsas, if i said saxos fil would loose it. besides fils has'ent a say in it, after a trip to pod left him with a snaped shaft. :twisted:

Dan
28-03-05, 11:13 AM
well being a nova site you should know the outcome, but physics dont lie and power to weight is the biggest factor here so the nova wins everytime, regardless of what engine goes in a corsa, if the same goes into the nova the nova would win because it is lighter, end of debate

-=VanMan=-
28-03-05, 11:14 AM
Whats longer, a piece of string or a piece of wire?

Shouldnt you be doing your homework :roll:

dabow
28-03-05, 11:32 AM
i now it's a nova site, my best car i had was my nova gte. ( till some **** whote her off, you see its a descution between me & fill suton. to which is faster. my corsa is very quick. and is fills 5 door nova. :lol:

Jim
28-03-05, 11:32 AM
Who or what is "fil"?

Jim

Dan
28-03-05, 11:35 AM
also you have had your answer, the laws of physics are in the nova's favour everytime so unfortunatley it is you who would be slower with exact same spec as phil but different car. By the way, what is your spec engine wise?

dabow
28-03-05, 11:42 AM
im kicking just over 190 brake, aiming for 200. & fill , is fillsutton. works at just novas. the one who snapped his shafts at pod last week end.

Dan
28-03-05, 11:43 AM
lol didnt ask for power, asked for spec, power figures mean diddly

dabow
28-03-05, 11:49 AM
20l 16v, super chip, boost valve, cos cast, power cap, arp bolts, usa high flow air filter, cos injectors, ful magnex system, custom anti roll bar, custom brakes, + soon to have thottle bodies & pullies. it was going on my gte till the bastard was whote off.

burgo
28-03-05, 11:51 AM
fill=phil, i didnt think his name was that hard to spell

Dan
28-03-05, 11:57 AM
well in its current spec you havent got 190bhp pmsl, that i can assure you unless you have added the throttle bodies into the figure before they are even fitted, with it fitted to a corsa at the moment not a hope in hell against phil lol

dabow
28-03-05, 12:05 PM
sorry pal the cars been on the rollers, as has phills. ask phill we went a while ago. part of the problem with c20xe engines is the over heating. an oil cooler keeps the temp down, + the chip is also a mod chip. its a quick car

Phil_G
28-03-05, 12:08 PM
rolling road results often dont mean shit.

I put my 1.2 on the rollers and got a print out of 92 BHP..

MY ARSE!

Rofl

Phil

Dan
28-03-05, 12:10 PM
as phil said, power figures mean nothing, just look at the 2001 r/r shoot out thread and read through the cars, the lies are apperent even tho everyone was there at the same time lol.

Have you actually done any qtr times as you seem so amused by phils shaft breaking lol, i presume you have ran yourself and not broken one?

Mike.
28-03-05, 12:16 PM
lol at this post i can see it dragging :lol:

dabow
28-03-05, 12:21 PM
ive droped gear before and shated a ball joint made for 300 brake plus. and the reson i said about phills shaft was i was supposed to go down that day. and put my wheels to the track.besides i set out a question, what quicker. novas or corsas. and so far i find, novas are a little faster ( do to there whight and corsas are far better at handaling. besideds novas are corsas, look it up a corsa a , is a nova.... so there... im not calling novas, i want your apinion on whats quicker :roll:

Jim
28-03-05, 12:21 PM
lol at this post i can see it dragging :lol:

No pun intended I take it Mike? ;)

I can see it getting locked myself, lol.

Jim

Jules
28-03-05, 12:30 PM
20l 16v, super chip, boost valve, cos cast, power cap, arp bolts, usa high flow air filter, cos injectors, ful magnex system, custom anti roll bar, custom brakes, + soon to have thottle bodies & pullies. it was going on my gte till the ba***d was whote off.

With standard induction/management that lot won't make 190bhp!!
:lol:

Jules
28-03-05, 12:33 PM
besideds novas are corsas, look it up a corsa a , is a nova.... so there...

WOW!! :o

And to think I never knew that! What about anyone else? Did anyone else know that the Nova in europe is called the Corsa A?
:roll:

And as the Nova came before the Corsa it's the Corsa that's actually the Nova (just renamed) - not the other way round.

dabow
28-03-05, 01:23 PM
besideds novas are corsas, look it up a corsa a , is a nova.... so there...

WOW!! :o

And to think I never knew that! What about anyone else? Did anyone else know that the Nova in europe is called the Corsa A?
:roll:

And as the Nova came before the Corsa it's the Corsa that's actually the Nova (just renamed) - not the other way round.

no its not the corsa a started on a y reg in 81, the nova started in 83 on a plate. the opal has always been a corsa. the reson behind this strand is im starting a project. im going to gut a car ( nova or corsa ) just for 1/4 mile. this is mainly why i brought this up.

Nova-Flair
28-03-05, 01:29 PM
in my opinion (and i wouldnt say i was too biased cos i own a corsa) novas are faster because of the weight advantage!

Ste_Nova
28-03-05, 01:33 PM
i had a brown nova hatch on a Y plate... with chrome window trims :o

Philsutton
28-03-05, 03:43 PM
whos this then, youve not said who you are, im guessing its dave, green corsa GSI? Ive told you many tines before that youd get a serious ass raping over the 1/4 mile lol

The corsa is over weight, the nova will always be a better car to start off with but its finding a good shell thats a bigger problem. Plus you need to get rid of your standard injection, you cant have smoothness and power at the same time, you have to sacrifice one for the other.

Oh i think you should come castle combe as well, try some track action :D

Nick
28-03-05, 04:09 PM
lol @ 190bhp !

a friend of mine says he's got 160bhp in a 1.6 205 with just some "lightening and balancing" but he wont tell me what's exactly been lightened.

like him, i think you need to come back down to earth.

i bet it is a nippy car, regardless of 190bhp, or 160bhp, so why lie ?

Philsutton
28-03-05, 04:12 PM
but he wont tell me what's exactly been lightened.

yeah probably had his head lightened.

If its who i think it is then we made the same power on the same rolling road which was 140 at the wheels, that was when i only had my cams in.

Nick
28-03-05, 04:18 PM
lol phil, no headwork,standard cam,standard injection,standard (not lightened flywheel) standard crank, standard block !

and this cost him ?1200 apparently ? lol

anyway lightening just reduces rotational mass

Philsutton
28-03-05, 04:20 PM
bet thats rapid

m.d.
28-03-05, 04:55 PM
so mr dabow. i have a standard astra gte 20xe in my nova which has a nova gsi interior and nova gsi kit, so its basically a gsi. come to castel coombe on the 23rd and ill give your corsas ass a dam good raping.

just a hint too. its not a good idea to come onto a site that know an increadable amount about your engine and quote imposibe figures. ull just get it thrown back into your face as you have done

Snowface
28-03-05, 05:10 PM
lol phil, no headwork,standard cam,standard injection,standard (not lightened flywheel) standard crank, standard block !

and this cost him ?1200 apparently ? lol

anyway lightening just reduces rotational mass

think phil meant his actual head (brain) lightened lol.

this guy is seems a bit up himself so best get this post locked.

Who would ask that sort of question anyway. Think it over before making dumb posts.