PDA

View Full Version : Freaky lights

novamadness
28-03-05, 01:15 AM
Hey there just a quick question i need some information on how to get my lights to turn off.

iv tryed changing the switch but no luck cheaking for short wireing wear i could look. I have to disconect my battery to get the lights off when i hook the battery up the lights stay on and will not go off.

now it did this before and i left my car running and whent in the house and for some reason the lights switched them selfs off could this be an alarm problom.

just wondering becouse theres a few people with GTE's on here and id like to be able to work this out if anyones came accross this problom before let me know thanks.

Ste_Nova
28-03-05, 03:23 PM
relay on drivers side shelf.... just unplug it

novamadness
28-03-05, 03:32 PM
ill cheak it out... this may sound daft do you have a picture of a relay i dont know what it is.... sorry

novamadness
28-03-05, 04:07 PM
i think my dad found them theres like 4 in the fuse box area there quite big removed them all..... had no effect on the lights they just stayed on :? any more idias thanks bye the way...

Aragorn
28-03-05, 05:19 PM
he didnt say in the fuse box he said on the drivers parcel shelf, which is below the fusebox

there is a black box with fins on it attached to the shelf, unplug it

novamadness
29-03-05, 04:01 AM
lol did nothing happend

boredbloke
29-03-05, 01:00 PM
pmsl!
did it just start happening randomly? or has it done it since u've had the car?

novamadness
29-03-05, 07:39 PM
Yea m8 it just started a few months ago iv had the car for like 6 months but i got a 600 watt amp en put it in and i think not to long after that my lights started there shite.

I disconected the amp all together and now the lights just stay on no matter what a michanic thought it was the switch i told em to change it but no luck so i tryed removing the relays but no luck!.

I might have to take it to an auto elictrision becouse this ones a puzzler lol last time i just left the engine running and the lights whent out and started working like normal but that aint happning this time could your lights stay on if fuses have blown? id think theyd go off but god nose cars do my head in like.

boredbloke
29-03-05, 09:28 PM
Maybe check all the connections are there it could be the sweitch does absolutely nothing due to the fact the wires have fallen together??

just a thought

Aragorn
30-03-05, 01:08 AM
pull the lighting fuse and see if they go off - if they do its a switch or dash area wiring problem

if they dont u have a melted loom somewhere

novamadness
30-03-05, 02:17 AM
ok cheers guys ill look in to it and let you know how i get on thanks for all the info been better help than most people on the streets :)