PDA

View Full Version : Novas Future

jatinder
10-06-02, 06:15 PM
What do u peeps think about the novas future , are they getting too old now r they going the way of the XR3I's, Loads of people have done everything to the nova. Is there anything new in modifying which could be done. Also do u reckon the corsa will be a good successor to the nova. personal i think novas rule. Ive had my nova about 9 months and I love it to bits, its easy to tune and there load u can to do to them and its fun as standard, but im just wondering what u guys think, Do u reckon many of you will want to buy a more modern car but still have room for a nova in the garage for weekends as time goes by.

http://www.novabug.co.uk/FeatureCars/Jatinder.html

HOGGE TD
10-06-02, 07:33 PM
I'd like to keep my Nova but have no where to store it, and if im brutally honest, once I take delivery of me new Corsa im sure I would forget about it.

GR
10-06-02, 08:14 PM
I think the time has just about come where the age of the car is going to be a big problem .
I've just about had it with them now, mines in the garage at the moment after it died on me on the motorway, its been well looked after and in good nick, but the mileage and age etc do take its toll bigtime and they're definitely not getting any younger .

The nova's a superb little car, possibly most popular 3-door modded hatchback ever ?

But times do move on .
In saying that, there are some in awesome nick that have got many years to go yet, respect to anyone with a nova has always been my policy !

Im lookin at a MK3 Astra now, possibly a Corsa . If the nova survives whatever has happened, it will be sold before not too long anyway .

Vauxhall Nova - Defined in Spain
REFINED IN ENGLAND.

Grant@TranceAddict.Net

ade
11-06-02, 12:07 AM
like Grant said - they aint getting any younger - thankfully there are enough spare parts about to last a lifetime.
I'm not that impressed with the corsa - the new one is nice and all but theres something missing. It's grown up and has lost that spark. Not that the old corsas had it to start with but and the new look one is smart (top spec especially) - it's just well flat.
The nova - although well over 10 yrs old now still has that look that if done properly on the modding front will always gets heads turning.
I've had mine 5 years now almost to the day and have no plans to part with it despite heavy opposition from my lass who isnt so keen on it. When I get a big house with large garage I'll probably retire it - use it for sunday driving or something - and get a family car (sad) - who knows - classic car in a few years...

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotamy!

?Marty?
11-06-02, 01:24 AM
As for 'everything has been done', then that's impossible. Everything has been done, if you mean that all the products that are out for the Nova have already been fitted by one person or another, and since of it's age and the resulting decline in interest, less products will be made for it. Until it reaches the point where nothing new will be made for a Nova either because they're all in such bad condition or so cheap (then only people with very litle money will buy them) - either way there will be very little, if none at all, demand for new products.

However, something new happens everyday that influences fashion, and this includes car modifying. Whether it's something on a new car that's come out, or a modification that has been carried out on another make/model, that can be adapted to suit/fit the Nova.

And as the number of Nova's that are in good condition and/or are extensively modified (though either keeping their classic lines & shape or are bang-up-to-date with what's the current trend, but only if it suits it) decreases, they will be more desirable as they will stand out more from other cars.

I personally love the shape of the car. When i see a Nova it instanly stands out from all other cars and in a good way. I love the shape of it's arches and the angles and etc. And even though it's getting old in age now, the looks aren't that dated - new cars are getting more angular, rather than the bubbly looking cars of the 90's ie the Corsa (which i think is really ugly).

Also because of the age less people are prepared to spend a lot of money on them, so the ones that do end up with really trick looking motors (like Karthiks nova on 19's - Cover of Fast Car or Bretts minty nova -Cover of Revs, this month)that handle superbly too.
For example, on Brett's car everything bar the chassis has been replaced with brand new parts, so the only thing that's 10 years old (or whatever the age of the car is) is the shape of the chassis and therefore, in effect, he has a 'brand new car'.

At the moment i have a Nova and lot's of times i've considered replacing it with something new (new Celica? Prelude? Civic? and etc) but then i think that i really like the shape, and everything else can be (and in fact has been)replaced with new (performance) parts. If i got a new car i'd want to modify it, even if it was brand new, but for the price of a brand new car (and maybe a bit more) you can restore a Nova to perfect condition, as well as bringing it up-to-date in terms of the styling, handling and performance. It just depends if you like the general shape of the car. And how much you're prepared to spend on it. A lot of people think i'm mad because of the amount of money (and time) i've spent on a car - but i now have a car that is unique and extensively modified. However, if you'd rather drive something brand new, even if it is more or less standard, then that's up to you.

Also - look at Jamie Shaws Renault 5. It's 16 years old and how desirable is it?

Stuart
11-06-02, 09:46 AM
FFS marty do you strive to write posts people dont read lol

thankfullly ive only got to endure one more year of the nova :D

BEng (hons) just isnt enough, i need a Msc too!

bob
11-06-02, 10:53 AM
I love my novas! I am on my 3rd now, the only thing making me want to get rid is that I have a double in my area, a white ml2 SR, devinyled, colour coded n slammed on raceline RLS 15"s,with a beesting grrrr-however Im the only one locally with a bigmouthed gsi bumper and big brakes.
Im sticking with it for a while yet, want to get it really tidy and a few more nice touches.
When I come to move on,I am udecided cos nothing really rivals the nova for the unlimited routes u can go down and budget interbreeding to be done,a late corsa b 1.2 16v sxi is on the cards I think tho. we shall see.
I am also paranoid bout ding too many mods to this nova, after it got broke into at my works car park,and someone reversed in and scraped my rear arch,3 days after having it cut,welding and sprayed x-(
I think that anyone who is into modding will respect the nova,and it will keep going strong for a fair few years yet,u can do so much to em and still insure em,wot is there as competition? a mk2/3 fezza,the polo or an old shape ibiza,or renault 5? not stiff competition is there for a trendy first car

a car that works properly?- think Im daydreaming...

Fester
11-06-02, 01:16 PM
lol marty m8 u are a legend!

Hi officer.
What?
She said she was 16!
NOT AGAIN FFS

?Marty?
11-06-02, 01:43 PM
Sorry everyone, i don't set out to write long posts. I just get carried away.

spec
11-06-02, 08:12 PM
I personally hate corsas there are fucking loads of them round where I live !!! would never get 1, too common now its good to have something that stand out from the rest i.e the nova, the corsas are starting to get modded all the same now and they look even shitter now from when they were standard !!!

spec
11-06-02, 08:12 PM
I personally hate corsas there are fucking loads of them round where I live !!! would never get 1, too common now its good to have something that stand out from the rest i.e the nova, the corsas are starting to get modded all the same now and they look even shitter now from when they were standard !!!

spec
11-06-02, 08:13 PM

Sid
12-06-02, 01:02 PM
Its my 4th Nova ...love 'em!
I INTEND on keeping it forever... lets c what happens!

HOGGE TD
12-06-02, 06:46 PM
GTE - how the fuck can any car look better standard than when modified????? I've had 2 Novas and am about to get my 2nd Corsa and I think the Corsa is a fucking excellent replacement for the Nova. Have you ever driven one, or even sat in one? Yes, some people thought the MK1 Corsas where a bit girly and bubbly, but some people think Novas are rust bucket tin can sheds! I disagree with both statements. What I am saying to you is can you tell me that if Novas were completely extinct you would never consider buying a Corsa (what most fomer Nova drivers do) or are you just saying this cause you are jealous of the folk that can afford to buy Corsas? Please justify yout statement

Jim
12-06-02, 11:15 PM
I think Novas have not died a death yet. They are getting on though. That doesn't mean to say that every mod under the sun has been done to a Nova, I don't think I've seen any 2 novas that are identical (apart from ones straight out of the factory) Novas are still being put on the front of magazines, so they can't be doing too bad :)

Saying that, If I was to get the cash I would probably buy a new car. Mainly becasue I'd like a new car for all the gadgets and mod conns that you get these days. Even though I think the Mk2 novas still appear to be modern, they are starting to lack whats classed as modern day essentials.

I think the corsa is an ok car, it doesn't really do anything for me though. I'm sure it'll be a good succesor to the Nova, certainly the latest shape is a vast improvement on previous models. I do think that the Saxo wins it for me in the modern day hot hatch stakes, sorry to say it, but I find the Saxo more pleasing to the eye than the corsa.

Jim

wisewood
13-06-02, 03:18 PM
I would have to agree with SlimJim.
The saxo is easily the best hatch around at the moment. (of the new ones - I still prefer nova's).

The nova is getting too old now in my opinion. The mk2's still pass for quite a nice car but the mk1's, unless in mint condition look dated in my opinion (dont shoot!).
I don't think there will ever be as much enthusiasm for the corsa as there is for the nova - simply becasue none of use would ever let our kids go out and buy a corsa as their first cheap car to mod in 17 years time would we...
Although - it depends what else is about...