PDA

View Full Version : some advice plz!!

ldk_nova
27-03-05, 09:00 PM
i posted this in techincal forums, but havent got any respnse, guess not as many people use that asmuch as this is, so im trying here as im desperate for soem advice!!!

Ive got a

F20 gear box (5sp) from a calibra in my 2ltr Nova, i have porblem putting it into gear at times, it always eventually goes but it can be a B**** at times, espeacilly the reverse. Is there anything that can be done to it to stop this from happening? or is my gear box on the way out?

Also my clutch is really stiff and quite hard when i push it down, im assuming it is the cable? or can it be something worse? Deaffiantly sure its not on its way out... anyone put some light on this please?

Finally my car makes alot of sqeeking and rattling esapcilly when on a standstill, it has just beocme annoyiing now. anyway i can prevent this, must sya the dash is not fitted as strong as it can be though...

Baring in mind the car was parked up for couple of monhts but i been driving it regualry in the last 2weeks

Thanks for your help ince advance guys!!

burgo
27-03-05, 09:08 PM
you could try resetting your gear linkage and as for the squeeks not much you can do really