PDA

View Full Version : What shell i do?????

scott.parker
27-03-05, 06:58 PM
Well im at a point once again of do or dont i,i keep thinking of the car i could have sat out side (insted of a nova thats had neer 8K on it) and i keep thinking do i keep going,as i know all the plans i have ,and would like to do is going to coast about another ?3000-?3500...

So do i do the nova more to what i want?

Or

I have a mate whos selling a mk1 88 E plate,and the shell is tbh in better nick then mine,.and theres no sunroof,so i could make it into a good track weapon,as it dont matter about it being on road at all,never insure just pure track car etc,and only spend around ?1500-?1800 max on it..

Or

Get my nova looking better cheap,and sel that,and keep saving and buy a audi tt,or honda S2000,clio cup or something..im really sick of the nova at the mo,and feel confused.. :?

Scott

Philsutton
27-03-05, 07:04 PM
ive had the same thought the other week after ive had so many problems with it, but i was actually thinking of getting a decent car not some smelly hairdressers car lol.
Ive decided to get the V8 done and use that as purely a track car an a dicking around in car, while i use my 5 door for work an uni with the odd race.

Jack
27-03-05, 07:31 PM
keep saving and buy a audi tt
Did I miss something? When did Scott come out the closet? :lol:

epo
27-03-05, 07:43 PM

nowt wrong with a 1.8 turbo 20v :wink:

peester
27-03-05, 11:19 PM
..im really sick of the nova at the mo,and feel confused.. :?

Scott

why? whats it not doin?
theres nothin ' im a petrol head' about an audi tt, shows how little one knows about cars in my opinion. do whatever dude.

Riggy
27-03-05, 11:23 PM
keep yours scott and do what you want to do to it , and if you can get the other shell either keep it as your everyday car or reshell the valver in to it and just put your gsi lump back in yours :lol:

ANDYRACER
28-03-05, 01:01 AM
Personally i would reshell the gsi and put the gsi back to standard and build a track day car and buy a sensible car nt like tt or s2000 a clio wld b good. But with a nova u have to be really into them to have one u have to b a real entuthisast (sp) coz yes they do lose money. But at the end of the day its ur choice.

scott.parker
28-03-05, 04:13 AM
keep yours scott and do what you want to do to it , and if you can get the other shell either keep it as your everyday car or reshell the valver in to it and just put your gsi lump back in yours :lol:

Well thats it i was going to do the valver as it is,and also get the mk1 and make it into a awsom track car with my 1.6 8v..? might do this,or go all out on another car.

PS: ANDYRACER: your opinion still means fuck all till you can drive sorry....

Scott

ANDYRACER
28-03-05, 04:35 AM
PS: ANDYRACER: your opinion still means fcuk all till you can drive sorry....

Scott[/quote]

WTF has that got to do with it. I thought id give u some good advice seeing as you were asking and u throw it in my face.

Dan
28-03-05, 11:01 AM
Pipe down or be banned, Thats to both of you before one or the other cries at me.

Andy, some people dont appreciate advice from a kid, harsh but true at the end of the day as they might be after advice from people who 'have' been in a similar position after spending alot of time working on their cars whilst driving them till the boredom factor comes in and what they feel they would do in a similar situation from past experience.

ANDYRACER
28-03-05, 05:08 PM
I might not have a licence or got bored with it that way but i know what its like to think wtf am i doing spending so much money on a car thats not worth even half the money i have spent. I spent near 2 grand on my sr only to have it go to the scrapyard even before i can drive it. So i do know what its like to feel like ur pissing money away.

5toprjepog
28-03-05, 06:43 PM
Um an audi tt what is the world coming to best thing that could happen
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v731/novavanman/untitled.bmp

ANDYRACER
28-03-05, 06:51 PM
^^^ pmsl thats harsh.

Philsutton
28-03-05, 07:17 PM
your right that is harsh, i mean he's going to have to re-style his hair again

ANDYRACER
28-03-05, 07:54 PM
^^^^ pmsl this is what Scott would have to put up with if he did the un- thinkable. :lol:

5toprjepog
28-03-05, 08:10 PM
Dont even think about one
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v731/novavanman/3-9-04_b.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v731/novavanman/3-9-04.jpg

dan_mk1
29-03-05, 02:00 PM
^^^ What kind of a stupid argument is that?!

Get the clio cup scott :wink: :lol:

Jack
29-03-05, 02:19 PM

nowt wrong with a 1.8 turbo 20v :wink:
There is when I can overtake them without even changing down from 4th :lol:

dan_mk1
29-03-05, 03:52 PM
Try a remapped one :wink:

Alex
29-03-05, 03:59 PM
shell
http://www.tongaturismo.info/pictures/Sea%20shell%20large.jpg

You have a few options:
1. Carry on as you are - Although you do seem unhappy
2. Buy my nova from me and carry on with that (lol - go on, do this!)
3. Get the jumped up Beetle (TT)
4. Get a mobility scooter

I recently gave up on my nova and bought an Rowdy A4. At the end of the day the nova was fun to drive, but it isn't a day to day car for me. The Rowdy Audi is reliable and comfortable.

epo
29-03-05, 05:41 PM
I recently gave up on my nova and bought an Rowdy A4. At the end of the day the nova was fun to drive, but it isn't a day to day car for me. The Rowdy Audi is reliable and comfortable.

thats one of the reasons i got the golf

Dar
29-03-05, 05:43 PM
Scott,

Either get the other sunroof less Nova and make a awsome trackday car and then sell what you have left (As a whole car). Then get what ever car you want for everyday driving.

Or turn your car in to an awsome trackday car and get another car for everyday driving.

However I would still keep your trackday monster road legal because you can then drive it to circuits whilst you haven't got a trailer AND you can also test the car on the road. IMO there is nothing worse than going to a trackday only to find that there is something wrong with the car that prevents you from running. You can have the thing off of the road for half the year and if you join a motor club (If you already haven't) you can get competition car insurance which is extremley cheap!

PM me if you want further convincing ;)

Dar