PDA

View Full Version : new rules for the police.......

jkhilton
27-03-05, 01:31 PM
Just spotted this on the lancerregister.com, seems crazy to me!!!

http://www.sport.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/03/20/ncops220.xml

From next month, ordinary officers in Kent will be told not to break the speed limit or step outside the rules of the Highway Code when chasing criminals. Instead of having to arrive at the scene within 10 minutes of an emergency call, they will be told simply to "get there as quickly as it is safe to do so"

markiemark
27-03-05, 01:49 PM
LOL :lol: that just doesnt make sense

smithy87
27-03-05, 01:54 PM
I can see why they would change policy to avoid potential accidents, but if people start dying @ the scene of a crash just because the emergency services can't get there quick enough, there'd be huge public outroar.

Also, it would lead to very impatient Police drivers wanting to get to a RTA as quick as they can, with that alone leading to accidents through potential recklessness.

Its a tough one...... :?

Nick
27-03-05, 04:55 PM
the police around here drive like tools..

there have been at least 5 occasions where if i'd simply been in a different lane (at a roundabout junction e.t.c) i'd have been shunted by a police car doing herrendous speeds..

i'm talking about 60mph round blind corners through town.

Nick
27-03-05, 04:57 PM
maybe they'd beable to get there quicker, driving to speed limits if they got rid of the stupid Siren rule

The one where they aren't allowed to put the sirens on untill they need to clear the road. As they just end up getting stuck because no-one see's them coming.

Mike.
27-03-05, 05:40 PM
cops can't drive at speeds or like prats round here because they all drive protons :lol: :lol:

Philsutton
27-03-05, 06:42 PM
personally id give them training an make sure they can drive at high speed and then let them drive as fast as they like in order to catch criminals. As it is they show very little skills to handle cars above 50mph

burgo
27-03-05, 07:36 PM
tis true that lots of them drive like muppets but then they should receive more training. making them drive at the speed limit and respecting the high way code exactly will cause more deaths than saving them. half the trouble aswell is hoe alot of people react when they see a cop car coming, most just slam on the brakes and freeze which helps no one

Nick
27-03-05, 11:32 PM
but without their sirens on it's bloody hard to see them coming, especially during the day in busy traffic.

and that's due to "noise pollution"

ANDYRACER
28-03-05, 12:55 AM
Thats just a joke. The twat who decides half these rules must b a thick bastard. Doesnt think these things out first do they.