PDA

View Full Version : Couriers...

markiemark
27-03-05, 01:13 PM
i just baught some alloy wheels off ebay, but there in cornwall lol - any one abe to reccomend a good courier? also will the wheels need to be 'boxed up'? never used a courier before....

Cheers guys,

Mark

markiemark
27-03-05, 01:23 PM
Anyone have any idea ruffly how much in total 4 15" alloy wheels will weigh????

ade
27-03-05, 01:25 PM
parcel force are okay (or as I know them parcel farce coz they took 3 weeks to delivere a set of bumpers!)

www.parcelforce.co.uk

Boxing them up makes it easier for the courier and protects the rims from getting damaged. It just means sticking them in cardboard - wrap them in bubble pack before hand though.

Depending on weight (if its rims only it'll be lighter) youre looking at about ?30 - depends on distance for some too.

Just type in google "couriers uk" for a list. there is one that will collect and eliver that seems reasonable but I cant think of their name just now.

:?

markiemark
27-03-05, 01:41 PM
Great ade thanks a lot mate,i just need to find out how much the rims weigh now, and get the bloke to do the packaging. it looked on parcelfarce - (lol) - and based on 30kgs its ?30 or about that - but i have no idea how much the wheels will weigh :?

Matt2107
27-03-05, 06:24 PM
I used to work for ParcelForce and you wouldnt believe some of the things I've seen.

Basically for a 48hour parcel your talking ?13.50 a parcel but you also have to add extra money on for parcels weighing over 10kg . The problem is that they have a maximum weight limit of 30kgs (due to only one driver going out in each van, thats the maximum they're allowed to lift.)

That means that your gonna have to package them singly rather than 2 on top of each other. When I sold a set of alloys on ebay the postage through parcel force would have cost ?80+ for a set of four. I ended up charging a delivery fee and taking them myself as it worked out a lot cheaper.

Jack
27-03-05, 07:37 PM
^ Yep, and if you're in gloucester it may well work out cheaper to drive down cornwall and back yourself!!

burgo
27-03-05, 07:39 PM
search ebay for couriers aswell

ade
27-03-05, 10:31 PM
hang on - if you won the wheels from him make him do all the donkey work!

:evil:

unless of course it was a collection only sale in which case oops!

I'm looking at a set of multi spokes from a guy in Manchester at the mo - says he doesnt have time to get them sent via courier. Debating whether to nip down road and get them.

Similar to SRS1's multi spokes

16's - currently ?80

markiemark
27-03-05, 11:31 PM
ohh dear :( looks like i might have to go and collect then... :oops: ah well still bargain set of wheels ?36 :lol:

ANDYRACER
28-03-05, 03:42 AM
what wheels r they?

Riggy
28-03-05, 04:29 PM
hang on - if you won the wheels from him make him do all the donkey work!

:evil:

unless of course it was a collection only sale in which case oops!

I'm looking at a set of multi spokes from a guy in Manchester at the mo - says he doesnt have time to get them sent via courier. Debating whether to nip down road and get them.

Similar to SRS1's multi spokes

16's - currently ?80

ade if you win them ill pick them up for you if you want :lol:

markiemark
28-03-05, 07:48 PM
andyracer - the wheels are the vauxhall alloys, off calibra ( the 5 spoke flat ones which have very big fat spokes,if that makes sense!!) lol and there white.