PDA

View Full Version : Speed Camera

neiloakley
06-06-02, 02:26 AM
Picture the scene, your driving along, following a van doing 20mph in a 30mph limit. I decide to overtake so drop down, pull out and BAMM camera goes off.

I was doing 40mph, on the wrong side of the road, when the camera went off, but i was travelling towards the camera and it flashed in my face. Can they still prosecute or can they only do anything if your going away from it?

Thanks in advance, Neil

Harpo_8
06-06-02, 12:05 PM
I dont think it can catch you, as the detector is set to go off when you go passed it then start flashing.. eg. so it may get your roof etc .....but even if it gets you i dont think you can get done as i always set my local one off (but that is on the other side of the road

Breeny
06-06-02, 12:35 PM
hmm i doubt you will get done, i guess only time will tell :(

jatinder
06-06-02, 02:21 PM
yeah your alrite ive been flashed with the camera facing the wrong way and this was months ago i dont think it will go through

http://www.novabug.co.uk/FeatureCars/Jatinder.html

ade
06-06-02, 05:24 PM
cant see how it can - its built to detect speed between based on a beam aimed at the car going away from the camera - if u exceed the limit, it flashes - if u come to it it still flashes coz u are travelling at it quickly but I cant see how it can detect wot speed u were doing. Like harpo said, it will give a nice shot of yer roof.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotamy!

yela_nova_rob
10-06-02, 11:08 AM
went throught one at 50 in a 30, flashed from the front, that was over two weeks ago so now they carnt do shit, the have 14 days to send you a letter then your safe after that..