PDA

View Full Version : Gearbox....clutch..

ldk_nova
26-03-05, 07:01 PM
Ive got a

F20 gear box (5sp) from a calibra in my 2ltr Nova, i have porblem putting it into gear at times, it always eventually goes but it can be a B**** at times, espeacilly the reverse. Is there anything that can be done to it to stop this from happening? or is my gear box on the way out?

Also my clutch is really stiff and quite hard when i push it down, im assuming it is the cable? or can it be something worse? Deaffiantly sure its not on its way out... anyone put some light on this please?

Finally my car makes alot of sqeeking and rattling esapcilly when on a standstill, it has just beocme annoyiing now. anyway i can prevent this, must sya the dash is not fitted as strong as it can be though...

Baring in mind the car was parked up for couple of monhts but i been driving it regualry in the last 2weeks

Thanks for your help ince advance guys!!

novax
28-03-05, 06:05 PM
bad shifting is down to the clutch not adjusted enough or the selector is mis-aligned.

clutch cable everytime......

DirtyDave
29-03-05, 01:37 AM
I agree with novax, ye stiff pedal is almost certainly down to the cable and getting gears is morethan likely down to the shifter being mis-aligned, and they can be a pain in the arse to get rite!!

dave

ldk_nova
29-03-05, 12:57 PM
cheers guys, il be sure to mention it to the grarge when it ake it down and they can have a look.

thanks

ldk