PDA

View Full Version : rockers

Aragorn
26-03-05, 05:31 PM
ok im trying to build an engine for my gf's astra without spending too much cash (i dont have any)

i have so far aquired a 40k nova SR block, got a 1.4spi head skimmed and have an SR cam along with cambox from the astra spi engine

when removeing the rockers from my old engine (where the cam came from) i noticed the have a ridge on them about 1mm wide along the length of the rocker and its about 0.25mm deep

can i use these or should i replace them?

what kinda price do new rockers come in at?

ta

dandan
26-03-05, 09:51 PM
When I did my cam I replaced the rockers and they cost ?3.81 ea from a local motor factors.

Aragorn
27-03-05, 12:01 AM
yer that seems about the going rate but i dont really have ?30 spare

i think i'll just put it together with the worn rockers just now as the cam appears to have some pitting etc in it too so not much point sticking brand new rockers on a half dead cam

it will get it running anyway and will more than likely be better with the SR cam in its worn state than the standard spi cam anyway

if everything else goes alright with the engine build then i'll just wait and see what happens

if i get 10k outta it then score :)

Adam
27-03-05, 03:39 PM
Is this astra engine a 1400spi? Is it still gonna use the spi, or are you putting a SR carb on it?
If it is then i will be looking forward to hearing the outcome. :D

Aragorn
27-03-05, 07:06 PM
its gonna be kept on the SPI system for now as i cant be arsed with sorting a CAT-Less mot

even tho the engine doesnt need a cat as its a 14NV i'm being wanked around by both vauxhall and my MOT station

the SR cam should give a few more ponies and when i fit the MPI exhaust manifold and throw the cat in the bin i should get some more still :)