PDA

View Full Version : Wiring help please!

nova---chris
26-03-05, 10:18 AM
Im wondering if someone can take time out and get me a bit of information from there engine bay. Basically i just need the colours of the wires that lead to the following bits

Window wiper motor
brake fluid
washer bottle motor
horn
radiator temp sender
reverse sender

Also i removed my headlight switch . But the yellow wiring is left in from both headlights. The yellow wires run direct from the headlights to the fuse box and run to a 10a fuse. But what wires trigger the headlight relay when there switched on? Can anyone spread any light ont his. Otherwise ill just need to put my own wire in to the relay if i can work out how the fucker works.

Any help would be great.

Cheers
Chris

Chris
26-03-05, 11:25 AM
Temp sender is blue Chris, I will go find the haynes manual now for you mate and find them for you

Chris

Aragorn
26-03-05, 11:45 AM
there is no headlight relay - lights are powered streight from the switch (mains might have a relay but im sure they dont either hence the fat yellow a white wires on the light multiplug)
the switch also runs the illumination circuits and the sidelights so you'll end up with 3 or 4 switches for that alone (unless u connect the illumination and sidelights to the ignition like volvos do)

washer pump is black with red trace

wiper motor has 4 wires, all quite thick, black green yello and white im sure

Chris
26-03-05, 12:03 PM
Just checked on my car Chris, here goes:

Wiper Motor Yellow, Grommet/Gap, Green, Black/Purple, White

Brake Fluid Brown, Brown/Red

Washer Bottle Black/White, and mine has 2x Black/Burgandy running to the same terminal

Horn Black, Brown/White

Radiator Tep Sender Not sure by what you meant by this but water temp sender to the dash is blue, or if you mean the water temp to the fan it goes into the side of the radiator with the following wires Brown, Brown/White

Reverse Sender Black, White/Black

nova---chris
26-03-05, 12:39 PM
Nice one chris.
I have got most of it traced into the engine bay at the moment. But just wanted to make sure i was going along the right lines.
As for the lights i thought they were just mained power mainly due to the yellows running straight back to the fuse box. Sidelights and headlights will be pretty easy to do then. And the main beam is still on the stalk and shouldnt be to bad to sort out now.

THanks for the help all!! :)